Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return was accepted yesterday, and when I checked the wmr tool today it's saying the information doesn't match their records. Why is it saying that now?

Why is it saying my info doesn't match irs records on wmr tool when it wasn't saying that beforehand?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

My return was accepted yesterday, and when I checked the wmr tool today it's saying the information doesn't match their records. Why is it saying that now?

It's possible that the information was not entered correctly. Select the re-enter button and try again. Be sure to enter the exact federal refund dollar amount, social security number and filing status.

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

....or...#2...at the very start of the season, the IRS computers are so overloaded they won't get it updated in the WMR tool for a few days

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you so much! I was so confused and nervous because my husband and I are just filing for the first time as a married couple. However, we filed separately because he owes child support from a previous relationship. His was saying that at first, but he has confirmation now that his is being processed. On the other hand, mines was saying being processed at first, amd the 21 days etc. Now, my info doesn't match the IRS's records. Very discouraging considering what's going on with this pandemic, stimulus's, and whatever else! Nevertheless, thank you again for your response.

I can't see what #1 is...

#1 was ChondelLO's suggested answer

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you for your response! I did go back to my tax forms to check and make sure my info was put in several times and it still keeps saying the info doesn't match. My return was accepted on the 11th when the IRS didn't actually start accepting returns until the 12th. Then, I just got married and we filed separately because my husband owe child support. But, the IRS is processing his return now, and saying my info doesn't match.  As of before, my husband's was saying his didn't match at first. I don't understand what is going on here!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies