Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return got rejected 4 times, even though I fixed the action items. It was always correct when I answered the question (the 2019 AGI) but then it continues to reject it

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

80 Replies

My return got rejected 4 times, even though I fixed the action items. It was always correct when I answered the question (the 2019 AGI) but then it continues to reject it

tdwoocox

I’ve been rejected 4 times also. I going to mail it in without a payment then fight them if I receive a penalty for not sending in my payment. It is still pending payment on my credit card! My numbers are correct!

tdwoocox

Tried zero, still rejected!

same here. not sure what's wrong and make so difficult

jrurhs7

My return was rejected 5 times, and I have a huge refund due!

20yruser

Mine has been rejected 4 times also.  I even tried 0 for AGI.  Something must be wrong with TurboTax this year. First time in 20 years I've had a problem. 

Same here. I printed out the rejection email and a copy of my transcript with the AGI I have been using. I am going to pay the taxes online tonight and then write a long letter. I cannot help but think this is not a Turbo Tax problem......UGH....and of course I was on hold for over 35 minutes and then got hung up on.....

tried so hard today. what number to call? mine rejected more than 4 times

[phone number removed] but you will wait a very long time....Turbo Tax knew this was happening weeks ago and did nothing to resolve it....they should be ashamed

If you have filed the tax return by mail last year, and plan to file by E-File the next year, Please update the AGI as '0'(ZERO) as Tax return file mail doesn't get updated to the EFILE database where IRS performs your self service PIN or AGI validation. Once again, please don't depend on the AGI from your transcript from previous- just update it as 0 else you will keep getting rejection

fmcenery

I believe the problem actually lies in the PIN.  Turbotax takes you to the AGI but in the email i received it said the PIN was incorrect.  I looked and it was correct.  I went to the IRS website, and apparently they have another PIN, an IP PIN.  So i applied and received it.  now I did not get the message for me not having a missing pin in the email.  I got the message for my spouse.  So i went to get one for her.  Problem.  Her cell phone is under my account.  UGH.  so they do not show her has having a phone. Turbotax.  I have used you guys for over a decade.  So pissed at you guys.  I think you should refund me at least 25 for not being able to efile

Same problem here.  Rejected with correct AGI confirmed by Transcript.  Then changed to zero.  Rejected again.  Then changed back to correct AGI.  Still rejected.  Now I'm beyond the deadline.  Have been using this product for two decades and never had an issue.  What's up with that?  What are the options now?

Just adding my post to the list of frustrated TT members who are getting their returns rejected repeatedly with the same response each time.  I too have been rejected 4 times trying both the correct 2019 AGI (as confirmed from my online IRS account) as well as "0".  
Hopefully, with enough members reporting this exact issue, someone at TT will find a solution in a hurry.  TT may very well loose my business next year if they do not.

patsytj

My return has also been rejected 3 times for the same error.  I fix it and check it against the actual documentation and it keeps getting rejected.  I may have to mail it in as well.  Kind of defeats the purpose of going with the e-file software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies