turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Agron571
Returning Member

My refund was sent out on or about 02/26 thru 02/28/2020 and it turns out that i put one number wrong on my acct information and it went to somebody elses account. The bank told me they can not do anything what do i need to do please

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My refund was sent out on or about 02/26 thru 02/28/2020 and it turns out that i put one number wrong on my acct information and it went to somebody elses account. The bank told me they can not do anything what do i need to do please

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Agron571
Returning Member

THE BANK PUT IT IN SOMEONE ELSE ACCT BECAUSE I WENT TO THE BANK AND ASK WHY WAS MY MONEY NOT THERE AND THATS HOW I FOUND OUT MY ACCT WAS WRONG BY ONE NUMBER CAUSE I RECHECKED IT IN MY TURBO TAX.WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IF THE ROUTING DIDNT AND THE NAME MATCH WHY WOULD THEY PUT IT THERE AND CANT GET IT OUT OF THERE ACCT OR FREEZE IT UNTILL RESLOVED

You will have to resolve this with your bank and/or the IRS.  TurboTax cannot help.  

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Agron571
Returning Member

OK BUT I DID CALL THE IRS AND CANT TALK TO ANYBODY IT WONT TAKE ME THERE. BUT I THINK IT SAYS TO GIVE TO THE 03/02 THEN MAYBE IT WILL LET ME TALK TO SOMEBODY ILL TRY CALLING AGAIN. THANK YOU

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies