Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My list of 1099-DIV from 2021 does not transfer to 2021?

I switched this year to the desktop version but have used the online version for many years. After much pain I was finally able to get the desktop version to import last years return, but it is missing all the companies that I receive 1099-div from. Does anyone have a solution besides having to type all the company info back in to TT again???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are referring to importing the 1099-div from 2020, you would need to enter those by hand. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

or....the question is, HOW did you transfer 2020 to 2021.

IF you used the PDF file from 2020, that transfers virtually nothing, just names, SSN's, Telephone #, and AGI...nothing else.

IF you want more, you have to download your tax datafile   (ending in  .tax2020 )  form yoru online account, and transfer that file in right when you start a NEW 2021 tax return...that should have most everything (in empty forms)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

It's good to read that using the PDF gives us nothing! TT and the other answers I received when trying to get one of last years PDFs to import clearly made it seem like it would all work perfectly. None the PDFs I had created would even work on importing even though they have all my tax info and print out fine.

It took a bit of searching around to locate how to get the online to print the .tax2020 file but that is what I am trying to use. It showed it was transfer all the company names into the 2021 return but after working on the return for a while when I reached the Div area the only thing there was the imports I made from my brokerage firm - none of the companies from the year before were anywhere to be found. Such a waste of time!

Thanks for trying to help ...so the question is why does it show they are imported yet nothing shows up? Or better yet, how or when will TT ever correct this issue??

Don't know why....and IF it get fixed, it wouldn't be for weeks since they have other major things to deal with.

1)  Switch to "Forms Mode" and see if you see if the other 1099-DIV forms are in there (but empty of any $$)

2) Even if they didn't transfer from last year's file, if you need to enter one that you can't import directly from the Financial Provider, entering them manually is really quite easy.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

The list of companies that I get 1099-DIVs from should re-populate from the previous years data. I have used TT for years - it's worked in past years. The desktop version shows them when I do to transfer with the .tax file but they are missing when I go to the list to try entering in the new DIV numbers for 2021. It's not a huge list but the names, addresses and tax numbers take time to have re-input each year - kind of why we use computers to avoid repetitive things  like this.

All mine transferred, so there must be some glitch with yours.

I seem to recall that there was some issue with the early versions of H&B that did not seem to transfer everything....but that was fixed in an early software update  (AND I don't know if it really included 1099-DIV or -INT forms transfer as part of that particular problem)

Yes, imputing a new ONE is easy. Entering all them manually really defeats using TT repeatedly over years and does nothing to support the +$100 cost of using their software. If I wanted to enter everything manually, I would just use one of the many free options available and avoid this headache. 

Yes, it takes TT weeks before anything gets fixed if it does at all. We are pretty much on your own when it comes to figuring out any workaround. I have yet to ever get a timely reply that actually help solve an issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies