turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My ex wrongfully claimed my dependent. Had to mail my return and it has been 4 weeks and still not showing it’s received, did I do something wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My ex wrongfully claimed my dependent. Had to mail my return and it has been 4 weeks and still not showing it’s received, did I do something wrong?

This is also during COVID19 so I can’t get in touch with anyone either. 

Unless you mail certified with return receipt or other tracking service (which is recommended for anything mailed to the IRS since that it the only proof of mailing that the IRS accepts) then there really is no way to know if the IRS has even received it.

Since mailed returns must be entered into the IRS processing computer by hand there might be long delays for any mailed return.

**NOTE*** Due to the Corona virus the IRS is operating short staffed. All field offices are closed and some processing centers are all but closed. Any tax return that requires hand processing will probably have long delays.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies