Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My bank account information is now different the irs has already accepted my information how do I change it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
CarrieLO

My bank account information is now different the irs has already accepted my information how do I change it

cnwats

Need to change bank information for direct deposit for Stimulus Check

@cnwats wrote:

Need to change bank information for direct deposit for Stimulus Check

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

I have a new bank account and I need to give it to the irs

How do I give the irs my new bank account information 

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

We don't have a good answer for that yet. 

I suggest you set up an IRS account and see if you can edit your banking info there. 

You could also see if the bank can reactivate your old account so that you can accept the stimulus check that way. 

IRS Account

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My bank account is different than the irs has i want to update it

Information is less useful without Time/Date Stamp.  Intuit/TT, Please offer Time/Date Stamp in each of these postings.

@FLDevilDog wrote:

Information is less useful without Time/Date Stamp.  Intuit/TT, Please offer Time/Date Stamp in each of these postings.

It is.  Hover your cursor over the time or the date of the post and the date/time is shown.

GA10

I have a new account number how could I change it

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

My bank account information has changed since I filed. Can I update it using the tool?

Yes, in some situations. Get My Payment cannot update direct deposit bank account information after an Economic Impact Payment has been scheduled for delivery. To help protect against potential fraud, the tool also does not allow people to change direct deposit bank account information already on file with the IRS. However, people who did not use direct deposit on their last tax return to receive a refund, or if their direct deposit information was inaccurate and resulted in a refund check being mailed, will be able to provide that information and speed their payment with a deposit into their bank account.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

IRS said my bank account information is not matched. Year 2018 , I am use my daughter bank account information. I want a change my bank information. How am i do?

BParis

My mom's bank account information is correct on the IRS website, but the message shows that the deposit is going into a different account. My mom is a non filer so she doesn't have to do a tax return and did not go through a tax service. Why is this happening?

Jodigas

How do I change my bank account from an account that is closed to a new one?  What and where do I go to change it ASAP? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies