turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2019 Turbotax CD came with one license code good for 5 installs. Can I allow my friend to install from same CD using one of the installs?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My 2019 Turbotax CD came with one license code good for 5 installs. Can I allow my friend to install from same CD using one of the installs?

@michaelbarth wrote:

I understand - but would it work regardless?

Yes, the software would still work if installed on another computer that you do not own.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

The software is licensed to the purchaser of the software.  You can use the CD to install the software on any or all computers that you own.

Or once the license code is first used, is it linked to that user's name and cannot be used with another person's name?

@michaelbarth wrote:

Yes, the software would still work if installed on another computer that you do not own.

Nobody here is going to help you to violate the license agreement.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks, and what about State.  Can that also be downloaded 5 times separately?

jliang7

Or once the license code is first used, is it linked to that user's name and cannot be used with another person's name? - I think it's linked to one account per code.  Only one account can use the license code, and once it's used for the first name, you can't use the same code to create another account.

Manage cookies