Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Morgan Stanley Etrade 1099-INT Box 3 download does not agree with PDF

I have interest income from government bonds.  This should be, I believe, be reported in Etrade's 1099-INT box 3.

On the pdf downloaded from Etrade the dollar amount of my interest appears in box 3, yet if I download the 1000-int into turbo tax this box is blank. 

I see no reason why the downloaded and printable version should be different.  Has anyone else discovered this?

Thoughts?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

make sure you have the latest 1099 forms from MS. Often brokers will issue an initial one and then find errors or get updated information and issue corrected ones.  In one year I got 5 corrected 1099s from the same broker. one was even after 10/15. if yo have the latest just fix the Turbotax form. 

Yup, I am looking at the latest of both "versions".  If all else fails I will just manually add the bond interest in box 3.  It looks right on the pdf 1099-INT.

I may call E*TRADE next week.  If they have a glitch, someone should point it out.

I cannot be the only one with this anomaly. 

*** EDIT ***

I spoke with Morgan Stanley E*Trade who forwarded me to E*Trade who forwarded me to TurboTax.  I explained the anomaly.  The TurboTax representative did not seem all that interested but she did say that my concern would was noted and would be sent to the software group.

I guess my take-away from this is, please, double check your downloaded forms against the pdf of the forms.  Print the pdf of the forms for your records and compare them to your return before sending it in.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies