turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I ended up using Taxslayer Pro for all foreign tax credit returns. 

sheelchand
Returning Member

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I was having the same issue with the TurboTax Premier online version - TT was putting my foreign tax credit at 0. I  had to search for `foreign tax credit` and hen click on `take me to foreign tax credit`. Then it wen through the normal questions about foreign tax credit and was finally able to put the credit amount on the forms.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I think I finally got it to work. 

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax
  2. Make sure you've already entered all your foreign income. If you still need to enter it, do that now.
  3. Select Search and search for foreign tax credit. Select the Jump to link in the search results
  4. When you reach the screen Do you want the deduction or the credit? Select the option you prefer for your situation.      

I was down this path early but never got the “Jump to” link earlier. Now it worked. 

Thank you all for your ideas and help in figuring this out !

GF10

Missing 2021 Form 1116

For those take a foreign tax credit (not rollover) and also meet the three conditions precluding the need to file Form 1116...

If TT will not e-file your return stating you still need to complete the 1116 worksheet, simply go to the forms option in TT and delete Form 1116 (per TT rep)....problem solved!

Life should be so simple..... 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Depends upon what platform of TT you are using. The online version does not have a forms option.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Hi, after all the problems with 1116 I filed a week ago and received emails from Turbotax saying the return was accepted by Federal and State.  Now today Turbotax is saying I haven't efiled yet.  Who do I believe?  Should I just file again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@robertm16 

A few of us efiled ( transmit ) return to irs  with their acceptance but tt have wrong status saying unfile .

this is a known bug to us on this board but oblivious to tt . We reported but no resolution from tt . You can read up from

Earlier treads . For me , I transmitted March 12 successfully and accepted by irs but I am still waiting return to be processed ( of course with tt status as unfiled) 

Welcome to the board. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

OK thanks.  This is a bit disturbing.  I was thinking that Ttax is retracting our filing because of the recent 1116 bug that generated wring numbers on Sched B.  I have two printouts of no-error compete returns read yo file that show different Sched B numbers, before and after the fix last week.  Hope everything is OK.  Btw is there any way to check with IRS?  Where's my refund doesn't work for me because I have a payment not a refund.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing 2021 Form 1116

With irs payment , you will know it very quickly as it takes out from your account , less than the 21day to process if getting a Refund I think . I am still waiting for mine to be processed .

But if I run into issues , I will efile again but with olt

but hopefully before April 15. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Nicely you can file but leave the withdrawal to the last minute.  I will know that April 8, after which time I suppose it will be too late to do anything!!

Here is the known bug posting: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-missing-2021-form-1116/01/2619935#M938613

Missing 2021 Form 1116

It's lucky and good to file 1116 later 🙂  If you filed it when 1116 first came out, you would have filed with a wrong Sch B and lost your carryover (at least that's what it shows in my case).  I have two printouts, one on Mar 13  (with all carryovers lost) and one around 18th that show totally different Sch B numbers (some carryovers), the latter ones seem correct..  I'm not sure when the exact update occurred, but it is sometimes better to be late so they can fix bugs.

The early bird sometimes catches the worm/bug.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Started doing my return today in TT Deluxe 2021 Desktop edition.

I'm trying to do the foreign taxes section - I do it by taking the credit - but the guide is telling me that the IRS is still working on Form 1116 for 2021.

Does Intuit intend to fix this?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@zreddy update your turbotax.  

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Actually, it turned out that my TurboTax wasn't up-to-date even though I had clicked "Online --> Check for updates" multiple times and it was claiming that the product was up-to-date. I believed as much since I had installed it from a recently downloaded EXE file.

I was on the phone with customer service for a half hour about this problem. They had me uninstall and reinstall TurboTax and "Check for updates", but they didn't think to confirm the version number (which was 2021.47.1.18 - the version number of TurboTax.exe).

After seeing your reply, I found https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-soft[product ke...

After installing this, TurboTax is version 2021.47.21.82 and form 1116 seems to be working.

jesschoim
Returning Member

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Hi there,

Form 1116 still appears unavailable on the Online version, even after clearing cache and cookies. Is there any other way to solve for this issue?Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 3.24.09 PM.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies