Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

It is now 3/1/2022 still no form 2116 in TurboTax. Can we get an update on when it will finally be ready.

IRS has released the form for quite a while now.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@psikora8 wrote:

It is now 3/1/2022 still no form 2116 in TurboTax. Can we get an update on when it will finally be ready.

IRS has released the form for quite a while now.

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 03/03/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Subscribing

Raimson
Returning Member

Missing 2021 Form 1116

It is now March 1st, and the form is still not available.  When will the form be ready?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Form 1116 release on TurboTax has been delayed multiple times now.  Original date was 2/17 I think.  The date as of this posting is 3/3.  Meanwhile the IRS released the final form in December of last year and Schedule B and C for the form in January.  How many months does TurboTax need??

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Hi,

I read that the new Form 1116 was supposed to be available on TT by 2/17/2022. I checked again today (March 1) and I am still seeing the same message saying that it is not ready and to check back soon. Please advise asap.

Thank you.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

LOL, you'll regret it

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Form 1116 is scheduled for 03/03/2022.

Click this link for a listing of Federal Tax Form Availability.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Well, I feel stupid.  I have been waiting for form 1116 since Turbotax said that it wasnt available to finish my taxes.   So out of curiosity (see my prior post), I purchased H&R Block Premium at half the price and went ahead and redid my taxes to compare the 2 products.  Two things of note:  1) H&R Block, compared to 10 years ago when I did my last comparison, has almost completely caught up with Turbotax in terms of the complexity of issues it can handle.  For my tax return, it dealt with all the issues except 1: combining QBI of separate business entities, which Turbotax can handle and block cannot. 2) It takes a different approach than turbotax, which I like.  Turbotax takes a black box approach to your taxes - you enter in the info it asks for and spits out the results (forms).  H&R Block tries to explain along the way what the impact of the info you are entering and displays the forms at the same time so that you see how your answers affect the form.  I like this approach better. 

So when I got to Foreign Tax form 1116, I realized that I had ZERO foreign tax paid this year!  The reason why turbotax flagged needing form 1116 I suspect is that it started with the import of my last year's form that had foreign tax paid and waited until the form was available to edit the info!!!  LOL!

Turbotax does a better job figuring out tax payment penalties and QBI.  H&R Block did a better job explaining what is going on so I can cross check the info entered.  Bottom line - if I had a simpler return, I would go with H&R Block, but right now, I will have to stick with Turbotax and check out Block in 5 years time.  By that time, the situation may be reversed.  Now all I have to do is reconcile why the 2 programs give me different results by about a hundred bucks and then I can file!

Missing 2021 Form 1116

It's March 2, 2022 and the easystep for TurboTax still says that Form 1116 macro is still not ready.  I'm a wrong?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@matzbravo1 wrote:

It's March 2, 2022 and the easystep for TurboTax still says that Form 1116 macro is still not ready.  I'm a wrong?

The Form 1116 will be available on 03/03/2022.  READ the answer directly above your post.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

No need to shout.  The answer directly above my post does not appear unless I go to the very last page. The most recent recent posts should be listed first, instead of least.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@Anonymous wrote:

The "Schedule B" of Form 1116 was only released by the IRS in December. It's an entirely new form and those can take time to program. It's not as simple as just "add the form to the program".

Also, the Schedule B cannot be accepted by the IRS e-file system.  The system was already programmed before the form was released at all.  NO software can technicall e-file the form, although some may allow "attachments" to transmit with the return, in which case you could add it as a PDF to the e-filed return.  Currently, TT allows very few attachments.  it remains to be seen if they will offer that option with this form or not. 

Some of you guys need to seriously take a chill pill.   And all of this "class action" BS is a big part of what is wrong with this world. If you don't like Turbotax, don't use it.  That's pretty simple.  But whining about stuff when you don't have a clue what you're talking about just makes you look silly, honestly.   Lots of you on this particular thread 

Form 1116 with Sch B can be e-filed with the IRS and has been for some time. Many people have used other programs and had their returns accepted, including those who have had refunds processed and paid. OLT.com is a popular choice.

Turbotax is explicitly saying Sch B cannot be e-filed, both in the program and on its form availability page.

Turbotax sold its software claiming you could efile 1116 without disclosing that there would be no e-filing if you needed Sch B.  That is misleading at best.  People are complaining because they paid for a product based on misleading information. It's a bit late to say "don't use it" after having paid for it and only then discovering the problem.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

The vast majority of us posting here are not "whining", not advocating "class-action lawsuits" and would rather not be insulted by describing contributors as needing a "chill pill."  Please take your arrogant attitude elsewhere.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies