Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bart31

Military discount not applied!!!

Like the title says, the "supposed" FREE filing for military personnel is not being applied to Turbotax products. Does not matter if you already input your military info or filed your return...there is NO discount! Don't even try putting your credit card info, once you hit the button it charges it right away, no confirmation or anything, no going back. Customer service is useless. I tried to file a refund online and was answered with a stupid email saying they cannot issue a refund because it's only for turbotax CDs/downloads and not covered by their "Satisfaction Guarantee"! You better fix this issue Turbotax! Shame on your company for promoting your product to the military!!! I'll make sure everybody I know never uses Turbotax and I'll file my taxes next year with H&R Block!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

If you filed with a military w-2 your taxes are free but if you also added service like Live, that added service is not free and why you were charged.  Online is not refundable.  Just be careful what you are buying and check before you use your credit card.  If you added Live and did not use it, you could have removed it before paying.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies