Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mailed tax return to IRS Austin TX 73301 and P.O. says it is waiting for pickup.

Is the Post Office waiting for me or the IRS to Pick up my return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

Mailed tax return to IRS Austin TX 73301 and P.O. says it is waiting for pickup.

Never heard of that.  You will have to ask the Post Office.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have the same problem for 2 days it said it arrived in Austin Texas 73301 post office and is ready for pick up idk what to do.

Did yours get delivered ? 

See:  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

HI, how about you mail state now? I have same problem few days ago and post office updated now  I need action to reschedule.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have the same problem need to schedule a redelivery but of course I cannot do that because I have to give the same address shown on the letter but it’s the IRS there is no address on the letter so I just have to wait. Hopefully they will pick it up otherwise they will return the letter on April 1 to me. 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, so what we need to do is just wait, when I request redelivery, it also showed the package is only to be picked up. if the mail return to you, what next you will do? 

So you also tried the redelivery ? And you couldn’t go through with it? When you requested it did it say you cannot request it the Mail has to be picked up? I don’t know I guess I have to send it again. 

So you will just wait too? 

Yes, I tried. It showed it can not request to redelivery and only has to be picked up, so I think nothing I can do now, just wait. Did you try to  call IRS [phone number removed]? I am still confusing  why it can not be delivered.

It was just delivered ! 

Wow, you mean, you did nonthing, your item was delivered?

Yes but I think yours will be delivered too. 

Thanks!

Actually I think yours already have been delivered too. Because my status says delivered on March 18th 2021 Austin tx 73301. I don’t know how it was delivered on Thursday but is scanned as delivered 5 days after. So I think yours arrived too but it still isn’t scanned as delivered.

Thanks so much for your information, hopefully, USPS tracking will update before due to return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies