turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K1, Section L, Withdrawals & Distributions - NOT COMPUTING

NOTICE:  All users of the k1 Partnership Form that have a number in Section L Partner's Capital Account Analysis: withdrawals & distributions

THIS LINE IS NOT ADDING (either negative or positive) INTO THE ENDING CAPITAL ACCOUNT TOTAL!!.  

You cannot override the total to account for this.

You can fix this by using a statement to add or subtract this in the Capital Account Total.

I spoke with TurboTax Support 2 weeks ago about this and they admitted it was a program bug.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

It does appear to be a bug in the program (the K-1 Worksheet and K-1s do not appear to be linked for the purposes of Section L), but it is possible to do overrides on the K-1s in that section.

UPDATE - Sorry, it is not the "Withdrawals & Distributions" that are not computing, it is the "OTHER INCREASE (DECREASE)" That is not computing.

@RHugg wrote:

UPDATE - Sorry, it is not the "Withdrawals & Distributions" that are not computing, it is the "OTHER INCREASE (DECREASE)" That is not computing.

Understood. However, as I indicated earlier, it is possible to override the figures directly on the K-1s. I did so on a test return and, despite the fact that the overrides are displayed in red, the ability to e-file did not appear to be impeded.

I have just tried to override the ending capital account total line.  The program will not let me do it.

Below is shown how the program is calculating the numbers.  The shown "Ending capital account" should be 1755, not 2079.  This cannot be overridden.  The line "Other increase (decrease)" is not being added in to the total.  If you do not have a number for "Other increase (decrease)" then the program calculates correctly. 

Beginning capital account                     2,639

Capital contributed during the year         785

Current year net income (loss)                (323)

Other increase (decrease)                       (324)

Withdrawals & distributions                 (1,022)

Ending capital account                         2,079

Heh, I found a workaround.  I just wanted to let people know that this is a problem, that TurboTax Support is aware of it. They spent 2 hours running a diagnostic program to verify the issue.  I have installed the program on 3 computers and it does this on all of them.  So far Intuit has not fixed this in the patch that just came out. 

I am done with it!

This was done directly on the k1 form, not through the interview.

Sadly, this still seems to be an issue.

This was fixed with the latest patch!

Thanks Intuit/TurboTax!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies