Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

TaxesWhyMe,

Well said!  Plus the fact that entries in ItsDeductible can be imported directly into TurboTax. I don't see where Mint has that capability.

I have used TurboTax for years. Even stuck with it after the update issues of the past 2 years, mainly because of it's ability to import ItsDeductible data. Since I'll be loosing this function I'll probably change to the H&R Block tax software. Although (in my opinion) the user interface isn't quite as easy to follow, it also has the ability to import my W2, bank, investment data, etc. and can usually be found at a much lower price than TT. So while ItsDeductible was free, it did result in increased revenue for Intuit.

No one knows, at this point, whether that import capability will be incorporated into Mint and TurboTax.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/import-mint-acc...

It is only June, the programs for the 2022 tax year will not be released until November and will not be finalized until sometime in January of next year.

My 1st thought when reading your post was that, this kind of illustrates the utility of ItsDeductible.  I make donations to my local charities of various items every 2 or 3 months.  It provides me with a convenient way to manage the value of the items I donate. That, along with my photographs  are all the records I need. 

It will be a shame to lose that. I can hope that a reversal of this very unfortunate decision will occur, but I won't hold my breath. 

Maybe I'm missing where you have found an actual software application, other than a manually created spreadsheet, that duplicates the functionality of ItsDeductible?  I have seen your posts that reference pricing guides that you have posted many times but I'm still not seeing something that has the slick interface of ItsDeductible.  You seem knowledgeable in this area and your help would be appreciated by me and many others who have been following this discussion.

This decision is frustrating as I have used turbotax since the DOS days and Its Deductible since it first came out.  My wife and I use it to keep track of donations, especially non-cash donated items and the automatic valuation and import into turbotax made this an easy process at tax time.  I do not accept that only a few users are using Its Deductible given the responses in this forum.  I would be willing to pay a subscription fee to keep the service.  I am asking also that if Intuit does in fact decide to shut it down this year that they post the source code for Its Deductible so that a third party can take over the application.  I am sure there are many entrepreneur software developers who would take this on.

TMT
Level 2

I for one would pay a nominal fee for this as part of the Intuit Turbotax suite. I've been very happy using it for longer than I can remember. 

What - Mint is a viable alternative ? Please show me where in Mint they appraise donated items ? Its deductible was mainly used to appraise donated goods.

I got the email from Intuit saying Mint is an alternative, but I don't see any such feature in Mint. Perhaps I am missing something, or may be Intuit is trying to obfuscate? Looking forward to learning. Thanks.

JimGr

I agree totally. With a casual wave of the hand to all users of ItsDeductible about free online alternatives but no details on any other than self-advertising about Mint. I looked at Mint and do not see it providing same functionality at all.

Come on, TTax, keep ItsDeductible around even if a small fee required or as some have opined give the source code to someone who will maintain the software and make it available.

As with some other comments, I find it hard to believe that TTax  has found too few users actually utilizing the features of this program.

From the great volume of emails with responses about this company move it is even more apparent that there is a large corp of users who do not like this move.

This program is a useful feature provided free by TurboTax which many users seem to like using.

SAVE ITSDEDUCTIBLE NOW!!!

I am in total agreement on this. I also do NOT want to use software which requires linking to all my accounts. This is something I refuse to do for security purposes as all users are quite used to seeing the sites of software firms which are involved in hacking breakthroughs and access to "secure" personal info.

Leave it to a Mom to speak sense. Are you listening yet TTax?

Shocked and disappointed as well.  Been using ItDeductible for years and we give thousands each year in clothing and other items to Goodwill.  Just called their support and they had no suggestions and told me it was not being built into their software either like HR Block as done with Deduction Pro.  I would also be willing to pay an additional fee for this feature as well.  #SAVEITSDEDUCTIBLE

wiggleway
Returning Member

So very, very upset. I’m 78 yrs old and this tools is the main reason I have used turbo tax for many years.  Please keep it.  I will gladly pay extra for the service!

Great Idea! I'm sure a startup would snatch it up. 

"post the source code for Its Deductible so that a third party can take over the application."

Someone mentioned DeductionPro with HR Block, is that a viable alternative, or do you still have to input values by yourself? Does it maybe save your most common donated items, so you only have to input once i.e t-shirts, shoes, books?

HR Block - if you're listening, you've got a serious opportunity here to snatch up a bunch of TT customers...if you update your DeductionPro software. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies