Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is iquickbooktax.com a valid website for Quickbooks Intuit?

Looking for Turbotax 2018 Premier and I found a site selling the download for $45.99.   It claims it is Quickbooks Intuit, but it sounds fishy.  Other sites selling the software for $89.99.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I seriously doubt it's a legit site, since their accounting program is called QuickBooks, and not quickbook. (note the absence of the letter "S" on the end of "quickbook". Also, they are not an authorized reseller of Intuit products.

Thank you, Carl!  I will purchase TurboTax elsewhere.  

Carl
Level 15

The CD for 2018 can be purchased at https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/  Note that when you purchase it on that website, you need to pay attention to detail. When I get it, I indicate that I want the CD installation file placed in my TurboTax account downloads folder, *AND* that I want them to mail me a physical CD. Choosing one or both doesn't change the price. Also note that for 2018 the CD is not yet officially released. So you'll be pre-ordering that. For the download version, its *VERY* buggy right now. But based on my past 10 plus years of using the software, the updates will take care of that.

I fully expected the download version to be buggy, since the massive changes in the tax law for 2018 has undoubtedly meant massive changes in the program too. So the fact is, those of us that get it early, will basically be the "beta testers" to find and identify the bugs so they can do their best to at least get the major ones fixed before the new year.

Carl
Level 15

As a side note, I've reported the website you mentioned to the forum moderators so they can check it out. Something doesn't seem right because the site is registered to a business in Ontario, Canada, but the "registration contact" is somewhere in the far east. In tracing it, I get as far as Hong Kong and then the trace drops out. So I suspect it's a site somewhere in China or North Korea. Since the moderators won't see my message until Monday morning, we'll just have to wait and see.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies