turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is Intuit refusing to process gun-related crredit card purchases?

I recently read an article that states Intuit is refusing to process gun-related credit card purchases. Before ending a long-term relationship with Intuit which began with the purchase of Parson's tax software, I want to give Intuit an opportunity to explain or deny their actions.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Yes, it is true!  Stuart Varney of FOX Business Channel reported this morning on Intuit's refusal to process any credit card (Visa, MC, Discover, etc) purchases of firearms, ammunition and related products.  Family, friends, associates and I are at this moment ending all relationships with Intuit.

If this is true, its the last time they process my taxes.

Hi Intuit,

You have competition and you just lost my business.  Yes, it is your choice, but you should have notified the affected businesses before they accepted credit business being processed by you.

It is my choice to say you are wrong in what you did by discontinuing my business with you.

DeanGray

I too will use a new service. It's a shame in that I've been using Turbo Tax since 2001 but I will not patronize a company does not support any amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

Rsmcewood

I am out of a long term as well as most I know are finding new partners as well not another cent goes to this chicken **bleep** company or affiliates
AJ
Level 6

First, I support owners rights under the Constitution. Some press releases seem to have fun in getting people stirred up.  But Intuit spokespeople say that they do not prohibit sales from any regulated industries including firearms.  The negative press here appears to be related to situations where transactions are stopped when people are not present for the credit card transaction and their identification cannot be clearly evaluated. A credit card is not a form of personal identification, such as drivers licenses or  passports.  I'm sure that there are some legal liability issues with this issue that are evolving, and they will work to straighten it out so that all Constitutional rights are protected.

As is often the case, initial "news" reports are less than fully accurate.

Please see https://intuitblog.com/news-social/intuits-response-to-recent-media-coverage-about-our-payments-poli... for Intuit's response.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies