Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Is anyone else having issues with turbo tax having a "Oops-an error occurred. Please check back shortly."?

It's likely due to the large volume of submissions. If you still can't submit, file an extension while there is still time. 

File federal extension online here

State extensions can be found here if needed

@bforshay @smjvip04 @gunterfamily04 @jonsutton @jjligocki @galpal28 @gregclover @kgoad99 @kerryrl @Limplis 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mpresiv

Is anyone else having issues with turbo tax having a "Oops-an error occurred. Please check back shortly."?

Did anyone get an IRS notification tonight after getting the OOPS Turbo tax notification?

Mpresiv

@gregclover How long did it take for you to get that message from the IRS?

I was having this error message but it finally cleared after 2 hours. It now shows my refund amount.  Status is still pending though. 

mine said that at 9:30 PST. somethings going on...says i don't owe in the list. it has not take the state payment yet though. took the payment for the service...

sucks i think hella people are sending returns. i  screen shot every thing....i don't trust the IRS.

its all time stamped....buy they always find a way to take more money.

Cjtn13

I am getting the same thing. I took screenshots of everything in case IRS says I didn’t file on time. Although it is concerning, I am glad this seems to be a TurboTax system error and not something wrong with my return; means the liability is on them and not us.

Cjtn13

Try logging out and going to your browser settings and clearing your cache and cookies. Then log back in. Not sure if it will help but it’s worth a try. 

Cjtn13

Yes, someone on the thread said they received an email that their return was accepted.

lisaleete

Yes I am trying to filè

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

See if your returns were transmitted. You can check that your return was received by the taxing authority  using these instructions: Check the Electronic Postmark of your Return. Pay close attention to the separate lines for Federal and State. They are separate statuses.

davis_team
Returning Member

Filed taxes on Sunday - received text from IRS within 1 hour that taxes were accepted. State was pending.  Went into Turbo Tax Tuesday to check status, and it showed I owed big bucks, more than I submitted.  After more than an hour on with customer service, and person having to get additional help from superiors, they said it was a problem within Turbo Tax system and would be fixed late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.  Update - checked this morning and....turbo tax makes you do an update before opening the program and....same issue!  No "0"'s showing I have paid (and state has since accepted taxes) but same huge amount that I owe, which I do not.  Not feeling the love for Turbo Tax at this point!!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can check that your return was received by the taxing authority  using these instructions: Check the Electronic Postmark of your Return. Pay close attention to the separate lines for Federal and State. They are separate statuses.

I have had such a terrible experience with TurboTax for 2023 tax year  I would give it negative stars.  I am so disappointed that I made so many calls as suggested and I am still not able to submit my tax returns. First it was the desktop version not generating the state and then it was the online version with not transmitting the returns (federal and state).  I don’t understand why such a large company has such terrible support.  Seems no one knows what needs to be done with customer problems. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Can you clarify the type of error message you are receiving when you try to electronically file your returns?  

You can also refer to the steps in this link to see if that helps resolve your issue so you can file your tax returns.

@Taxforabha 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies