Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bforshay

Is anyone else having issues with turbo tax having a "Oops-an error occurred. Please check back shortly."?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

26 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Is anyone else having issues with turbo tax having a "Oops-an error occurred. Please check back shortly."?

Where are you seeing this error? Are you trying to file?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
smjvip04

I am getting the same error. It's showing the status of submitting is at pending, not accepted, and I am getting that same message: 

Oops-an issue occurred. Please check back shortly.

JayGee2023
Returning Member

Same here...  seems odd,  pending since 931pm est. Hopefully it's just volume of returns being submitted, I have never had this issue in all the years of filing with TurboTax. 

jonsutton

me too.  maddening.

jonsutton

@PaulaM

we're all getting this as we submit our returns for transmission

what's going on?

jjligocki

also getting this message after going through full filing process. In past years it would be waiting on IRS confirmation and have my pending totals for local and fed returns... this year it shows all pending returns as $0 (which is definitely inaccurate) and has the "oops..." error message asking me to check back

anyone know if there's an official messaging account to figure out what's happening with Intuit and if people are screwed or the turbotax system is experiencing issues?

galpal28

I am having the same issue. Clicked File about 20 mins ago and it still shows "Oops an error occurred. Please check back shortly". Does that mean we haven't officially filed @PaulaM 

I'm seeing too for last hour and has me worried about the transmission of the filing. Hoping this is because of filing volume but the "oops" part is not comforting language....

I think everyone is getting this same message.  The way I see it, as long as it has been submitted and received by TurboTax by the deadline, it should be ok.  It's kind of like mailing your return, as long as it's postmarked by midnight you should be good.  And I think, if there was an actual error filing, TurboTax wouldn't have received their money.

But would be nice if someone from TurboTax would get on here and respond to these concerns.

As soon as we file through TurboTax on shows on the main account screen where it shows the status.

Finally got an email that reads "Your return has been sent! It’ll take the IRS 24 - 48 hours to process. Then, watch your e-mail - we’ll let you know whether your return has been accepted" BUT the site still has the oops message...

Yes. Says it submitted my returns but I never got to the screen to pay, and it shows I owe $0 on federal and state. Alsonever signed. Will allow me to download my return but otherwise stuck. cannot go back or forward. 

Just now got off the phone with a Turbo Tax rep. During the hour I was waiting for my turn, at about 55min in, my message updated to and message that read “Congrats” with a character jumping up & down and the amounts showing (instead of $0.00). I think it must be a high volume like a prior person stated. The rep really didn’t do anything other than to verify what I was just now seeing. I asked the rep to please have someone leave a comment on this thread to ease everyone’s mind, but I thought I throw this out there in case they can’t. 👍

I got the same error after I submitted my payment for state and federal filing. I’ve been on hold for a love representative and it said the hold time is over an hour.

It still says.   Submitted (green dot) —-  Pending (green dot) —— Accepted (no dot)

And both Federal and State say $0 due  and pending with todays date 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies