Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irs said i was under review is there a chance of getting it before the 45 days

I’m under a 45 day review for income I’m self employed and I had unemployment on my return with three dependents  I wanna know will I still get my stimulus or will I have to wait till my return is released 

Unfortunately, it is most likely that the IRS will hold your stimulus until they review and release your tax return.

@Nijahfran26

I requested a tax advocate will they help me and also I didn’t receive a later and they are saying my 45 days start April 5 th when I called

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

@ Nijahfran26

The Taxpayer Advocate’s Office may be able to help you.  Whether they’ll take your case or not depends on your circumstances. 

According to the TurboTax Help article How Can the Taxpayer Advocate Service Help Me?, the Taxpayer Advocate Service accepts cases that fall into four main categories:

• Time-sensitive matters.
  • Issues involving multiple IRS units.
  • Breakdowns in the IRS's normal process.
  • Situations in which a taxpayer has unique circumstances, but the IRS is applying a "one-size-fits-all" rule.

Please see the IRS's Taxpayer Advocate Service page for guidance.

Do you think I can go to my local irs location and they can speed up the process 

JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

You can try to get resolution at your local office.  You can make a case if the IRS is creating a hardship for you.  That is also the best reason for the Advocate to get involved for you is to detail the hardship.

Yes I have all my supporting documents supporting my hardship I spoke to a tax advocate just a few minutes ag they said my review don’t stop me from getting my stimulus because the type of review I have they just waiting for unemployment to confirm my 1099g so they said I should still get my impact payment 

I filed March 9,2020 and I still haven’t received my taxed or any letter when I check my status it says it’s still being process who should I call 

Who did you call bc i can’t find a number to talk to anyone 

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

@beneperez713 You can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. Be aware. The phone lines are backed up. The IRS opens at 7 a.m. local time in every time zone. The earlier you call, the better your chance of speaking with someone.

The IRS is running behind. Many returns have been delayed because the amount of stimulus payments reported on the returns were wrong and had to be corrected. Taxpayers who used their 2019 income for the Earned Income Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit are also being manually processed.

As @Critter advised, if 90 days have passed and you still have not heard from the IRS, you can ask for help from the Taxpayer Advocate Service. Click on the TAS Acceptance Tool to start.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Pross25

Im going thru a similar situation, i filed back in march 12 it was being processed until around first week in june it change to being reviewed  i was able to be thru the line once out of the numerous times i tried and then said a letter was sent out on 3 i still havnt received a letter but im assuming once i get letter and turn what ever they askin for in they should release funds.  However the question is how long does it takes for them to send the letter considering the fact that its already flaged. Which is a mystery as well cause in my case the only thing that has change is my address only thing that was done differently was i used last years earned income but turbo tax recommended it so i assumed it wouldnt be an issue. Very frustrating 

Sadly this year many things require human reviewing  and the IRS is short of humans so everything is taking much much longer to process.   

Many of these MILLIONS of returns needing  review  were dumped on a department that usually handles just a few thousand returns per year  and they are paddling as fast as they can so everyone needs to be patient. 

How long did it take you to receive your refund after you got the CPO5 letter?

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see this IRS Article for information regarding your CP05 notice. 

@tlschoate

Yeah I know what it is but wondering how long it took the girl up above to get hers after her letter & if I need to get a tax advocate to speed it up, I know I seen people that did. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies