turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

It does not matter if the state is community property or not, I live in Colorado, and they took the entire stimulus payment. Hubby called the CSO. The lady claims she does not see the IJ form... BS! I file that form faithfully every year since 2003, so they can miss me with that.  It's funny, you don't see it, but I received my tax portion. I filed when the IRS started accepting, received my tax refund in March. I just checked my account, still nothing. 

I actually searched if IS that filed were going to be getting their stimulus still and 5 days ago it said it would take a couple of weeks for 50,000 women that did not receive it.. I live in Texas and filed back in February. I just happened to look earlier and I received my stimulus yesterday in direct deposit. It was my whole portion of 1200.

I was suppose to be a direct deposit, but just got a check today for my portion of the stimulus! 

I just got mine as a paper check today!!!! Hallelujah!

@mtmberry03 I live in Texas as well..No deposit either..still waiting............. 😫😫

Hang in there and watch the mail - I also got a check today even though I have always been direct deposit.

I talked to the IRS and they said a paper check was mailed to me. I usually get direct deposit. This has been a mess but at least all wasn’t lost!!!

How are you guys getting ahold of the IRS and speaking to someone because i keep getting the automated system or the run around and they can’t tell me anything specific about the stimulus check. 

It’s so strange , where’s the money going ? 

Hallelujah my fellow injured spousers. Finally after almost 6 months I think, I got my check in the mail. Now my back rent and electric can be paid.. 

Yay!  I think mine is gonna be in the mail today. 

According to informed delivery, I have a check from IRS!!

I got my check today too, probably was there yesterday, but I did not check till today. Was a nice surprise. And that is given that I still don't have my refund and my return still shows as "being processed." I think if they have you marked as an "injured spouse" (basically they have a record of you filing 8379 even if not processed yet), you will get it either by direct deposit or check.

Maybe those who may have filed their 8379 later by paper and those have not been added to the the file yet, are those people still having issues? 

Hi ! How to check if the check is coming ? I’m waiting supposedly May 6 , it’s shows in Get My Payment . Thanks 

irs is releasing 50,000 stimulis payments to injured spouse's between early and mid September 2020

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies