Re: Injured spouse and stimulus payment - Page 63
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 3

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@olechka79  yes form 8379 was already processed. i filed my taxes in feb. i didnt get my half of the tax money until april. then april 15th we were supposed to get our stimulus money and it didnt happen.

Highlighted
Level 3

@mzzwillis  I have called about four numbers this morning and still cannot get an answer as to when I will get my payment. I am done at this point, it's a lost cause and I just need to accept I will not see that money.  Yes, I file the injured spouse form every year I file taxes. I know next year I will not let them take my state, I will file an injured spouse form to get that money back as well. 

Highlighted
Level 3

US Bank on west coast here.

Filed injured spouse with tax return last February, lost half of stimulus in April - as of this morning nothing posted to bank account used for deposit on tax return. Will update if that changes.

Highlighted
Level 3

@Shadrake i was calling every single week. sitting on hold for hours!!!! and every time i called i got a different answer. i was done too!!!! have you tried calling the offset number to see how many offsets there are? if you  hear only 1 offset instead of 2.. there is hope!! in my case there was 2 because haLf our taxes were taken and then half the stimulus. 

Highlighted
Level 3

@mzzwillis Yes, the eight hundred, nine one nine, nine eight three five? All it says is I don't have an offset. They send you back to the IRS when you asked about the stimulus payment.  When I spoke to someone at the eight hundred, three zero four, three one zero seven number, she claims I need to have my husband call the treasury department to let them know the offset they took is not his, which makes no f sense to me since I filed the injured spouse form every year. 

Highlighted
Level 3

Nothing yet in my bank 😫

Highlighted
Level 3

Are you using your SSN or your spouse's? I called and the recording said there are no offsets at all.

Highlighted
Level 3

@Shadrake , I just called the line you mentioned and they said to give them a call if I don't get my payment by the end of December :( until then they are still processing. 

Also, I called the offset line and the number of offsets changed from 2 to 0, which is weird. Because I know my husband's offset has already been applied to his CS debt in May. 

Highlighted
Level 3

@briquewest19  i used my husbands. mines has always said that i have no offsets. 

Highlighted
Level 3

@Shadrake use your husbands social on the offset number. 

Highlighted
Level 3

Thanks, just did that - oddly, that also said "no offsets".

Confusing stuff.

Highlighted
Level 2

We finally got my portion of the stimulus via direct deposit this morning. But sure why it wasn't the 1200 +500 for my dependent but at this point, I'm just thankful we got anything at all!

Highlighted
Level 3

@kdwhite1014  Was it $1,450, or just $1,200? 

Any other US Bank users still waiting for their deposit to show up?

Highlighted
Level 1

I haven't seen a deposit yet. And no offset was reported when I called for my husbands social besides the 1700 that was taken in April. 

Highlighted
Level 3

We are a family of 5 and we got $1900 and something this morning

v
Privacy Settings