Re: Injured spouse and stimulus payment - Page 63

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@olechka79  yes form 8379 was already processed. i filed my taxes in feb. i didnt get my half of the tax money until april. then april 15th we were supposed to get our stimulus money and it didnt happen.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@mzzwillis  I have called about four numbers this morning and still cannot get an answer as to when I will get my payment. I am done at this point, it's a lost cause and I just need to accept I will not see that money.  Yes, I file the injured spouse form every year I file taxes. I know next year I will not let them take my state, I will file an injured spouse form to get that money back as well. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

US Bank on west coast here.

Filed injured spouse with tax return last February, lost half of stimulus in April - as of this morning nothing posted to bank account used for deposit on tax return. Will update if that changes.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Shadrake i was calling every single week. sitting on hold for hours!!!! and every time i called i got a different answer. i was done too!!!! have you tried calling the offset number to see how many offsets there are? if you  hear only 1 offset instead of 2.. there is hope!! in my case there was 2 because haLf our taxes were taken and then half the stimulus. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@mzzwillis Yes, the eight hundred, nine one nine, nine eight three five? All it says is I don't have an offset. They send you back to the IRS when you asked about the stimulus payment.  When I spoke to someone at the eight hundred, three zero four, three one zero seven number, she claims I need to have my husband call the treasury department to let them know the offset they took is not his, which makes no f sense to me since I filed the injured spouse form every year. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Nothing yet in my bank 😫

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Are you using your SSN or your spouse's? I called and the recording said there are no offsets at all.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Shadrake , I just called the line you mentioned and they said to give them a call if I don't get my payment by the end of December :( until then they are still processing. 

Also, I called the offset line and the number of offsets changed from 2 to 0, which is weird. Because I know my husband's offset has already been applied to his CS debt in May. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@briquewest19  i used my husbands. mines has always said that i have no offsets. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Shadrake use your husbands social on the offset number. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Thanks, just did that - oddly, that also said "no offsets".

Confusing stuff.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

We finally got my portion of the stimulus via direct deposit this morning. But sure why it wasn't the 1200 +500 for my dependent but at this point, I'm just thankful we got anything at all!

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@kdwhite1014  Was it $1,450, or just $1,200? 

Any other US Bank users still waiting for their deposit to show up?

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I haven't seen a deposit yet. And no offset was reported when I called for my husbands social besides the 1700 that was taken in April. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

We are a family of 5 and we got $1900 and something this morning