`

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@20207 did u get it today? I keep calling the irs and getting different answers. Last answer I got was I have to file it on my 2020 taxes to get it back and it was supposed to be deposited april 15th 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Thanks for sharing! We were suppose to on 4/30 - so this gives us at least a baseline to look for. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Had you called before the irs open an asked where it was? Did it go to child support?

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@20207 , did you already have your return process completed and refund and 8379 approved? Mine still shows the return is being processed, so not sure if I should expect any stimulus until processing of the return is completed. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@olechka79 

My Where's my refund is still showing the message "We have received your tax return and it is being processed." And my return was processed and I received my refund March 11. So don't count on the WMR app. I still haven't received my half of the stimulus but they only put my husband's half onto his child support case. I don't know how this is going to pan out but hopefully they figure something out soon. I am in dire need of my half of the stimulus. Ugh I hate this.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I keep being told to file a 2019 tax return with an attached 8379 injured spouse form but nobody tells me how to file them according to my situation. This is what I'm dealing with.

My husband and I did not have enough earnings to require us to file a 2019 tax return. Because of this we would not be expecting a refund.

If I filed a tax return anyway, and attached a 8397, how would I fill out the 8397 when I have no numbers to enter and there is no place to enter the withheld stimulus payment?

This is very confusing and the IRS is no help.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@20207 Did you receive your stimulus that was originally taken due to the offset or your regular income tax. I am confused 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I am happy to announce that I did talk to the IRS today for 3 hours and they are in the process of correcting stimulus payments that were taken from injured spouses. The guy happened to be one of the ones working on them and he said he’s been working on 150 a day so that is reassurance that if you filed an injured spouse form with your 2018 or 2019 tax return then you will get your portion of the stimulus. There is not a specific time frame but they are working on them. Also, everyone will be back in the office starting on Monday. So that should speed things up some too. Hope this helps clarify things for y’all. I’m happy to give this information because it has been a struggle not getting the stimulus when I really needed it. I’m a nurse and my hours were cut but I’m lucky to still be working at all. God bless you guys. Again I hope this helps. 😀

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I just posted a response I think you will be happy with so ho check it out. Good information!

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I’m sorry I  meant to say go check it out. Not ho. Lol. Sorry 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

aww sorry I wanted to share a link but its not allowed.. as of May 18 IRS is aware and hopefully release stimulus checks that was wrongly held from the injured spouse to be release in the next 4 to 6 weeks but for some it will be months.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@20207  Did you get any kind of notice before you got your portion of the stimulus??? Was it mailed or direct deposit??

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Anyone here receive their stimulus check yet?

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@InjuredSpouseN3kids  not me. and i call the irs every week and i still get the same answer. to sum it up..they are aware of the issue and if its not resolved... filed the stimulus payment on my next years taxes in order to get the money back. :(

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@mzzwillis  Urghh this is frustrating and pretty disappointing for us injured spouses..

i am still waiting too.. 😩