Re: Injured spouse and stimulus payment - Page 40

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Csonger35 wrote:

But how are we receiving the other half of our payments if they took half! Ours says deposited to turbo tax card on the 30th I can't find it will they send a check just like with taxes this is a crazy!!!

IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

A31. No, with one exception. The Payment may have been offset only by past-due child support. The Bureau of the Fiscal Service will send you a notice if an offset occurs.

If you are married filing jointly and you filed an injured spouse claim with your 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if you haven’t filed your 2019 tax return), half of the total Payment will be sent to each spouse and your spouse’s Payment will be offset only for past-due child support. There is no need to file another injured spouse claim for the Payment.

The IRS is aware that in some instances a portion of the payment sent to a spouse who filed an injured spouse claim with his or her 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if no 2019 tax return has been filed) has been offset by the non-injured spouse’s past-due child support. The IRS is working with the Bureau of Fiscal Service and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Child Support Enforcement, to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. If you filed an injured spouse claim with your return and are impacted by this issue, you do not need to take any action. The injured spouse will receive their unpaid half of the total payment when the issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I filed electronic not paper with injured spouse form and it was accepted February 3. So mine should not be delayed bc that was way before all the COVID 19 crap. They’ve had plenty of time to get my refund so when do the irs offices open back up?  Have they  announced that yet? Plus only half of the our stimulus went to child support so when will I get the other half?

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Right us to and we can't they took $1,950 of the stimulus which was half and dont have a clue where the other half is and how we will get it the get my payment app says it's on the turbo tax card which shows balance zero! And our taxes were filed 11 weeks ago with turbo tax with the IS form with them and excepted by the fed's on feb 15th and still no refund still says processing and before they closed down the call center they said it had been assigned to someone and they was working on them well the state issued a check a long time ago so what's taking the federal government so long we must have done our taxes right bc if not the state wouldn't have went thru! And where is our other half of the stimuils? People really need to go sign the petition for change.org injured spouse 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

If you filed your taxes with injured spouse, and you have not received your refund, go to https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

This enables you to get your transcript online from the IRS. If you cannot access the transcript online, call ‭‭1 (800) 304-3107. This will let you know if there has been an offset in yours or your spouses refund. If the Tax Offset Department States there is an offset, and it is your tax refund that has been incorrectly offset, contact your tax advocate. This is happening everywhere. My tax advocate stated that it was a computer error, and it cannot be fixed until the IRS returns to the office. However, the Tax Advocacy can open a case on your behalf and have the forms in place for when the IRS reopens to get your funds back. Let us pray the IRS opens soon. This is the tax advocacy website: https://www.irs.gov/taxpayer-advocate

As for the stimulus, until the IRS opens back up, that money is just in limbo waiting. Contact the number listed by the Tax Offset and speak with someone at the Child Support Department about the stimulus so they can flag the account. They were told to tell people to file a second injured spouse. This is the wrong information-do not do anything. When you speak to the tax advocate, you can let them know the stimulus was taken too, but other than that, we do not know when they will get that fixed. 

I hope this helps. I had a meltdown when this all happened, but this is what I have found thus far. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Our total should have been $3900. As everyone else, we received two letters each stating $1950 to be offset. I show that $1950 was applied to the arrears on 5/5, my question is will I receive the $750 (they split the $1500 for the 3 kids) that belongs to my kids back? 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

They are going to split the stimulus in half, regardless of the children in the home. So if you’re owed a total of $3,900, you’ll get a stimulus of $1,950 each, and his $1,950 goes to child support. No, they don’t care about the children living in the home. I’m in the same boat.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I understand that but how will we receive the other half of the money bc we have yet to receive it! It's not in the card it hadnt come by mail just the stupid letter saying there taking it!

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I did that and I dont understand what I'm looking at all I see is what looks like a tax return what am I looking for please help?

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

If you filed an injured spouse form with your 2019 taxes, you do not have to do anything else. The IRS is aware of the error, and they are going to fix it. When is the only real issue, as not all departments in the IRS have reopened. According to what I was told, as soon as the IRS fully reopens, they’ll send a return notice to the child support department pulling the injured spouse money back to the IRS and then it will be reissued. If you did NOT file an injured spouse form in 2019 tax filings, do so now. That will be required to get the return process started. Without an injured spouse form on file, all monies will be applied to the offset in full. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

With your tax record, I hit the second column box on the right for 2019. Now the first few lines look like an IRS tax return. Scroll down until you see the amount of your refund. It should have two separate amounts that when added together total your refund. Now, to the left of those amounts it should have a date. The date is when the monies would be paid to the person. If it states “non-IRS debt” that is the offset (child support/student loans/etc). If both dates have non-IRS debt, they’ve taken your return too. If it just says issued, then the monies should be issued to the person on that date. If you did not receive the monies on that date, then there is a chance it was taken for an offset even with the injured spouse form filed. I hope this makes sense. If not, let me know, and I will try to show you an example.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

No we was suppose to get 3900 on our stimulus we recieved a letter saying they was taking $1950 for my half for child support but havent sent my husband his half so we can Bill's ! Where is that money when is it coming How is it coming on a card in a check????? That is my question I know there taking half I get that no problem dont care, **bleep** I'm grateful just wanna know where the other half is??

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Everytime i think about this situation it makes angry!!!!! i understand that we are eventually going to get our money...but heres what i dont understand "the injured spouse will receive their unpaid HALF of the total payment when the issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."  not only are they going to take my husbands $1200 but i have 4 kids so they are going to take $1000 from 2 kids and give to a kid that i didnt birth???? we didnt know he existed til he was 13!!!! if thats the case then the irs can keep the money they are giving for my kids. just give me my $1200!!!!! no way my kids should suffer because the irs f'd up!!! dont offer something to them and take it away.  i try to do the right thing and file with my husband every year. i do the injured spouse so i can at least get my money back. next year im doing it my way! head of house hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I'm trying to see how I can get the stimulus check back from child support. My husband owes back child support so they took my 1200.00  to apply to the his back support. I just need help to receive my money.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

If you filled an injured spouse form you will recieve your part back

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Gigibabies18 wrote:

Go to this IRS website for injured spouse information - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center