Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to send a quick update that given my particular circumstance with having filed injured spouse all the way back in February and never having received my portion of the Federal refund or the stimulus, I reached out to my local tax advocate office via fax and have been assigned an advocate. This way, when the IRS does actually open back up my case will be among the prioritized ones and hopefully process sooner. No promises but maybe try seeing if your local tax advocates can help you out. Never know! They told me that they unfortunately cannot get me my money right away because the IRS department that handles injured spouse claims is not open but at least I know that my case won't be prolonged when they are. 

Mine showed 1200 deposit to my bank account my husband says the same but when I call treasury it said his social and 1200 taken

reekid
Returning Member

I didn't file form 8379 in 2018, but did in 2017 and 2019.  They have take my stimulus check, not sure if I need to file the form 8379 for 2018 to get my stimulus check. 2019 taxes were file 4/13/2020.

@reekid  They only go by 2018 if 2019 was not filed yet. They aren't going by 2017.

reekid
Returning Member

I'm assuming they based the stimulus on the 2018 taxes, because I just filed the 2019 taxes but not sure, I need go know if I need to file form 8379 for the 2018 taxes to get my stimulus? I filed it in 2019.

My stimulus money was taken along with my husband's. I've filled an injured spouse form but I don't know for sure if I'm eligible

Not if you filed 2019 you should be fine.  Basically they did this to all of us that are not the biological parent which is so sad..How did they not mess up on the mother but take from the wife.  We have our children as well. It's funny how so many loops are fixed and checks issued yet they can not correct this issue 

Wow!  I’m so sorry about that. Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it. It’s not right. I’m a nurse and have my hours cut so I’m trying to survive and I have a 16 year old daughter as well. I don’t care if it takes months I’m just glad they will send it back. Hope everything works out for you!  Stimulus has nothing to do with child support. It’s got people going thru this hardship of losing jobs and getting hours cut. 

Exactly but the Governent twist things for their own preferences 

Not if you did one for 2019

Drie
Level 4

@21Lilah I said the same darn thing they could have easily said issue the checks to everyone with no exceptions. Just for this type of check but we all know the states petitioned to make this the only exception due to how much debt and arrearages men owes. But, they could have easily said only take the the party that owes the debt not the both parties. They are all about monies to fill their gap deficits I am tired of being a money mule because of who I married it isn’t fair period.

Hii! Sorry to hear that ! But how does your GMP tool looks like when you put your information? Deposited ? Elegible?

You received yours?

C438730C-F99E-49F0-8879-B19C89E5E3CB.png

Mine shows payment 1200 deposited april 15 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies