Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Incorrect Reference in Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet

Line 1 a (1) of the Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet incorrectly refers to Form 1040, line 7 (Capital gain or loss). It should refer to Form 1040, line 11 (Adjusted cross income).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Would you mind providing the version of TurboTax you are using and a screenshot of the error? Please be sure to black out any personal information before posting the screenshot.

System Information.pngWorksheet.jpgHere is the information you requested. I am attaching two screenshots: The first one contains the system information, the second one is a screenshot of the relevant part of the form. If you need more information, please let me know.

I need to come back on my previous post to clarify something.

When I looked at TurboTax's internal forms and internal worksheets today, I no longer saw the Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet, but instead the corresponding internal version of Schedule CA(540).  Line 14 of that form correctly reads:

"Moving expenses. Attach Form 3913" (Attachment 1).

In prior years, the appropriate line read:

"Moving expenses. Attach federal Form 3903. See instructions".

Apparently, there is a change in the form required: California form 3913 is required rather than federal form 3903. Appropriately, line 14 of the official Schedule CA(540) reads:

"Moving expenses. Attach form FTB 3913" (Attachment 2).

To avoid confusion, it would help to add the word FTB also to the internal version of Schedule CA(540).

CA Attachment 1.jpgCA Attachment 2.jpg

The typo mentioned by the original poster, referencing Form 1040, line 7, on the 2021 Schedule A Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet is still not fixed, as of 3/5/2022. (It was also incorrect on the comparable 2020 worksheet.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies