Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Incorrect Mailing Address for Exemption Processing of Healthcare.gov

The mailing address for Exemption Processing on Healthcare.gov is:
Health Insurance Marketplace
Attn: Exemption Processing
465 Industrial Blvd.
London, KY 40741

However, when I tried to send an exemption application (on behalf of a family member) in the post office via Priority Mail, the clerk told me that the zip code for "465 Industrial Blvd., London, KY" is 40750, and I must change the zip code to 40750 in order to get it delivered.

Therefore, I called Healthcare.gov to ask which zip code to use, a supervisor told me that 40750 is for handling supporting documents; the Exemption Processing uses a separate zip code (40741) because it could be a different physical location.

Since the zip code, 40741, is rejected by the post office, could anyone share some insight on which zip code I should use for Exemption Processing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To give an update, the post office changed the zip code to 40750 and sent the package via Priority Mail. 

Later in the day, I got a phone call from a lady at the Advanced Resolution Center in the Marketplace (another name for Healthcare.gov). She confirmed that although the correct zip code was 40741, 40750 would work, too. She also told me that this was not the first time someone reported the zip code issue.

She said that they probably would need a P.O. Box or a Suite# for Exemption Processing moving forward, instead of a separate zip code (40741) to avoid confusion, and that she would try to resolve the issue with the post office.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

To give an update, the post office changed the zip code to 40750 and sent the package via Priority Mail. 

Later in the day, I got a phone call from a lady at the Advanced Resolution Center in the Marketplace (another name for Healthcare.gov). She confirmed that although the correct zip code was 40741, 40750 would work, too. She also told me that this was not the first time someone reported the zip code issue.

She said that they probably would need a P.O. Box or a Suite# for Exemption Processing moving forward, instead of a separate zip code (40741) to avoid confusion, and that she would try to resolve the issue with the post office.

My correct mailing address is [address removed] 40741 there is no numbers after 40741.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies