Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Import data from Charles Schwab problem.

• I hope it saves someone from a day or week of frustration 🙂

Nothing works.  We should all get our money back for this failure.  How much time have we wasted on this all together?  I've troubleshooted so many different things and retried over 50 times?  The stress isn't measurable.  

I spoke with schwab and they said the problem is on Intuit's end.

I'm late to this thread but at this late date I'm having no luck importing Charles Schwab 1099 into Turbotax.  I tried all the hints suggested here but nothing works.

Grove

How do I import Charles Schwab data?

Grove

This a joke! Turbo tax has their heads up their .......! I'm going to try one more time. 

TimeTraveler
Returning Member

Just stuck  with Shwab importing for a several days !

I sold lots of stocks Sometimes each day !

I got pdf file from Shwap website 

Turbo Tax must read Shwab pdf downloaded (any other pdf forms and documents)  to hard drive Please add this possibility to read pdf 1099 and other pdf from hard drive !!!

TimeTraveler
Returning Member

Turbo Tax must read pdf file downloaded to hard drive from Shwab or any institution 

Please update Turbo Tax !!!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here if you are unable to import the 1099. 

Please let us know if we can assist you further. @TimeTraveler

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was able to import my Schwab data to my TurboTax file.  My issue was seeing a blank screen after signing into my Intuit account and selected Charles Schwab & Co to ‘get my data’.  I read so many postings and someone mentioned about changing the screen resolution if you have a newer computer.  So I explored this further.  Please note that I’m not a tech savvy person.  I hope you will understand my description.

So here is my solution to get pass the blank screen.  When I saw the blank screen, I changed the screen resolution to another one and it does not matter which one you select.  Once you do that, you will see the Schwab log in screen.  Take your curser to the area where you would enter the user id and type your info.  You will see nothing as you enter but proceed anyway.  Now change your resolution to another selection and you will see your user id input. Next, place your curser over the password area and type in your password without seeing any data.  Change your resolution again to see something was entered as your password.  Change your resolution and click ‘log In’.  Change your resolution to see that you are logged in to your Schwab account.  I think the next step is to certify and agree to allow Schwab to share info with third party.  Just remember to change the resolution with EVERY input, click and action until your Schwab data is downloaded to your tax file.

I wish you all success with this fix.

intlpvtii

The better answer would be to uses  different software other than Turbo Tax.

calidianne
Returning Member

I spent hours on the phone with Schwab and TurboTax and finally gave up and entered  everything manually.  Don't know how customer service could be any worse!  Been a TT user for years but will find another solution next year.  Buy Turbo Tax.  

bztok8

It is June 23rd and I am still having this problem. I always file late so have an extension but how can TT and Schwab still have this problem? TT support told me it was a broken handshake and Schwab verified that TT did not attempt to import any records after trying for a week. After the disclosure screen appears, I check the box to continue, then next screen shows a schwab login screen in a small popup window, after trying to use my username and pw, says cannot login at this time etc.. How can both companies , both large public companies with so many resources screw their customers for so long? Did they outsource IT to test dummies?

I do not have any problems with my internet connection.  there is no link to any financial institutions for interest income or investment income

Same problem here. there is no connection to Schwab.  I need this fixed today or I will just bring the program back to Sams and use another program. 

I am using Chrome.  Turbo is or was compatible.  are you saying it is not compatible now 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies