turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cjs

Can I remove Form 3800 from my return? I'm not able to delete it using the "tools" option or by redoing the interview and removing responses that population to Form 3800.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Cindy0H

Can I remove Form 3800 from my return? I'm not able to delete it using the "tools" option or by redoing the interview and removing responses that population to Form 3800.

If you have deleted the information on the 3800 in the interview questions and TurboTax is saying you have zero business credits, it will not be filed with your return. You can also check on Schedule 3 line 54 to see if anything is from that form. That form (Schedule 3) flows to line 12 of the 1040 form.

cjs

When I print my completed form on the page immediately before e-filing, the Form 3800 appears in the pdf with the previous responses. Should I still trust that it won't be there when e-filing?
sc552sc

I use the Costco disc version of Turbo Tax Premier. I am unable to remove form 3800 which was accidentally populated. I cannot e file as long as 3800 is a part of my return

I haven't deleted anything The message says that Form 3800 is not yet finalized.

When do you update the program so it is able to process and allow me to print and submit my taxes?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 3800 is finalized in TurboTax Online and the CD/Download software, for both personal and business returns.  Once the form becomes available, it will automatically update if you're using TurboTax Online.  For the TurboTax CD/Download software, you will need to check for updates or update manually using the steps listed here. Please contact us if you need additional assistance.

Additional References:  

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax Business

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cthog

I have the latest updated version and have the same problem.  It's kind of silly that a review process wouldn't allow you to delete a form that you inadvertently filled out.  I had to just pick a category and select "0" paid in order to be able to file my return.  

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you have updated the software and still having the same issue, please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone. @cthog

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies