Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

lamintdog

Where do I enter my 1099-misc information, under personal income or business income?

I experienced this same issue but after re-reading TomD8's last post it makes more sense. TurboTax is carrying the 1099-MISC info we entered in the business section (Sch C) forward to the same 1099-MISC summary in the personal section. It's the same info in two places (which makes it look like it's entered twice). If you have already edited these 1099's in the business section and entered all expenses/deductions against them then you should just click 'done' on the personal section. Since I was confused I clicked 'edit' for each 1099 listed under 'personal' and then backed out when it started asking for expense info. I did notice my tax liability change (increase) after doing this as others have reported which made me think I was reporting more income than needed (1099's twice) but as TomD8 said, I switched to forms view and verified the total amounts of 1099 income on my sch C and sure enough it was listed correctly... So although confusing and unclear, I don't think it's a glitch. Hope this helps.
blueantan

Where do I enter my 1099-misc information, under personal income or business income?

What is happening is when you exit out of entering the Personal info early something gets left blank (i.e. cell phone expense), and therefore is getting removed from where it was in the Business info, as Turbo Tax thinks you want to remove it from the Personal section because you left it blank.  Go back and double check all of your Business expenses if this happens to you.

Thanks!! 😎

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies