Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I was able to use "Exclusion for federal, Arizona state or local government pensions (up to $2,500 per taxpayer)" last year why can I not find it in Turbotax?

I see this line item in my 2022 AZ tax form but do not see anyplace to use this subtraction in Turbotax.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BillM223
Expert Alumni

If I was able to use "Exclusion for federal, Arizona state or local government pensions (up to $2,500 per taxpayer)" last year why can I not find it in Turbotax?

It may have moved.

First, make sure that you have indicated your Arizona residence in your My Info or Personal Info section.

Next, in the 1099-R interview, in the screens after you enter the 1099-R data, there are a number of screens that ask questions about the source of the distribution so that it can be handle correctly. In the desktop product, the screen looks like this:

Note: this is a test return, so ignore any numbers. Also, "police pension" is just the name I made up for the pension distribution, so ignore that. Just choose the right source from the list above.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

It may have moved.

First, make sure that you have indicated your Arizona residence in your My Info or Personal Info section.

Next, in the 1099-R interview, in the screens after you enter the 1099-R data, there are a number of screens that ask questions about the source of the distribution so that it can be handle correctly. In the desktop product, the screen looks like this:

Note: this is a test return, so ignore any numbers. Also, "police pension" is just the name I made up for the pension distribution, so ignore that. Just choose the right source from the list above.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your reply.  I was able to add the "exclusion" (after I posted the question) by going back into the form and finding a section that allowed "subtractions" and entered the data.  Haven't used TurboTax for several years (since 1992!) so was essentially first time and may have missed the section - but will check those fields/areas next time.  Thanks again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies