turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I pull money from and Edward Jones account what proof do I need to have fees waived due to pandemic?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If I pull money from and Edward Jones account what proof do I need to have fees waived due to pandemic?

What fees are you referring to?

what type of a/c and what was the purpose of the withdrawal? 

if you are asking about an early withdrawal from  a retirement plan here's the rules

CORONAVIRUS-RELATED RETIREMENT PLAN DISTRIBUTIONS
Congress recognizes that the economic downfall has caused individuals to lose their jobs and source of income needed to support themselves and their families. The CARES Act provides an additional cash-flow opportunity by waiving the 10% penalty on early retirement plan distributions provided for in code section 72(t) on 2020 coronavirus-related distributions up to $100,000. A coronavirus-related distribution is any distribution made in 2020 from an eligible retirement plan to an individual (1) who is diagnosed with COVID-19, (2) whose spouse or dependent is diagnosed with COVID-19, (3) who experiences adverse financial consequences as a result of being quarantined, furloughed, laid off, having work hours reduced, being unable to work due to lack of child care due to COVID-19, closing or reduced hours of a business owned or operated by the individual due to COVID-19 or other factors as determined by the Secretary of Treasury. As the terms “adverse financial consequences” are somewhat subjective, it is expected that the IRS will issue further guidance regarding the third criteria. The distribution would be included in the individual’s taxable income ratably over 3 years, unless they elected to include the full amount in the year of distribution. Alternatively, if an individual receives a coronavirus-related distribution from a retirement plan, they can repay the distribution amount to an eligible retirement plan within 3 years and the distribution will be treated as a rollover contribution (a non-taxable event).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies