Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If e-file was not accepted since due date is over and they have to be mailed but it had me pay for the filing fees on my debit card will they still take the payment out?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If e-file was not accepted since due date is over and they have to be mailed but it had me pay for the filing fees on my debit card will they still take the payment out?

Yes.  The Online fees are to prepare the return, whether you efile or print and mail it.  

No ... paying the Turbotax fee has nothing to do with the ability to efile .. they are the cost of using the program to complete a return even if you have to mail it in.   

And if you asked for the fed/state balance due to be debited then that info was never sent to the fed/state since the returns were not accepted for processing. 

All you can do now is either send payment when you mail in the return or pay online at the fed or state web sites.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies