Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I would like to talk to a live person with a telephone number to your business

I need information about my recovery rebate credit that the IRS told me you have received
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What exactly did the IRS say?   Did they reduce your refund?  If they reduced your refund it's because they already sent you the 3rd Stimulus payment last year but you tried to get it again. The Recovery Rebate Credit on Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more. 

Double check your bank statements and Check your IRS account (both accounts if married)

Your Online Account | Internal Revenue Service

EIP3 The 3rd Stimulus payment started going out in March 2021 and is for 1,400 for each person listed on your tax return, no age limit. The IRS used your 2020 (or 2019) return to send the checks out fast. If your 2021 return changes and you qualify for more you can claim the extra as the Recovery Rebate Credit on 1040 line 30. But line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more. Not the amount you already got. The IRS also sent out letter 6475 to tell you how much they sent you . If you are married then each spouse should get a letter for half.

I am Ann Greve. I am finished with preparing my return. I want to submit it to TurboTax online. My 2021 tax return has not been finished by the IRS. I know my AGI from last year is 5405.  Can I send in my taxes to Turbo Tax online like I do every year? 

My email is [email address removed]

My phone number is [phone number removed]

Please reply.

Ann Greve

Yes but if your return rejects for the AGI since the IRS hasn't finished 2021 yet then enter 0 for the AGI.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies