turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bamster44

I wats to keep saving my form on my computer before it will take a credit card. and I have already saved it.

why does turbtax keep saying it needs to save my form.. I used s disc/CD

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I wats to keep saving my form on my computer before it will take a credit card. and I have already saved it.

The Desktop version (CD/Download) of TurboTax is prepared ONLY on your computer.  It is not saved to TurboTax servers.  That's why the program will ask you, each time you close your TurboTax file, if you want to SAVE the file.  This way, any changes you've made are saved to your file.

Out of curiosity, what additional charges are you making before filing using TurboTax Desktop software?  You'd have additional charges, for example, if you select some add-on feature, e-filing a state return, or purchasing state tax software programs.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

It's always a good idea to make a backup copy of your tax data file, in case your original gets lost or corrupted. Here's how:

1. From the File menu in the upper-left corner of TurboTax, choose Save As (Windows) or Save (Mac).
  2. Browse to where you want to save your backup.
    • Tip:If you're saving to a portable device, save it to your computer first to prevent data corruption. Then, after completing Step 4, copy or move the backup file to your device.
  3. In the File name field, enter a name that will distinguish it from the original tax file (for example, add "Backup" or "Copy" to the file name)
  4. Click Save and then close TurboTax.
  5. Restart TurboTax and open the backup copy to make sure it's not corrupted. If you get an error, delete the backup and repeat these steps.

If you make changes to your original tax return file, repeat these steps to ensure your original and backup copies are in-synch.

You can also use the SAVE AS function so you can save your progress along the way that you can go back to in case you mess up and would like to try again from a certain place ( like before you add a section ). 

Related Information:                             

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies