turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I was told I should file a tax return claiming $1 income and $1 agi for 2019 so that I am in the IRS system since I have been unemployed since 2016, how do I do that?

well the printer(s ?) can only print so fast, and somebody has to feed the forms in. The IRS paper check is sort of fancy and probably costly to produce.

I was told I should file a tax return claiming $1 income and $1 agi for 2019 so that I am in the IRS system since I have been unemployed since 2016, how do I do that?

READ the link posted in the other thread ... it clearly states the IRS limitations and the expected issuance dates starting with the poorest taxpayers first.  It is possible checks could come out faster but don't count on a check at any certain time and you will not be disappointed.  

E filing to get the stimulus check and Idaho has a grocery credit of $100 per exemption so even with no income you can get that.

@johnf2 Some people file because some agencies like Section 8 or financial institutions require a tax return. Others do it to thwart identity theft. Lately people do it to be eligible for the stimulus payment. 

By the way -- a number of people are reporting  identify theft. They e-file their 2019 return, get rejected as having already been filed, and when they get their tax return transcript -- it shows that the return  was filed with a $1 in interest and no other income.

Sadly most who get rejected due to a stimulus filing did it to themselves ... they did not understand that is what they were doing ... they failed to read the warnings to not use that option if they needed to or were required to file a return. 

Willsons

Rathernotsay1: Where have you read about this?!? It just happened to me! :(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies