Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I want Turbotax Business for Mac

We need Business for Mac. Tired of waiting!

As far as us users can tell, the wait will be forever, so maybe you will have to find an alternative - as I suggested, try using a virtual environment or borrow a windows desktop.
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
JP3000

It's ridiculous that TurboTax does not have a Business version for the Mac. Of all the small business owners I know, none of them still use Windows. Get with the 21st century Intuit!

No point ranting here!   - Send your complaint to management at Intuit.com or Post in public financial bulletin boards such as Google Groups!
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.

if you are angry at Intuit for lack of MAC support, please contact the company Intuit-  we users here have no influence at all.

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time

Yeah, the Virtual Machine software is free, but a Windows license will cost you more than the TurboTax software.

As far as us users can tell, the wait will be forever, so maybe you will have to find an alternative - as I suggested, try using a virtual environment or borrow a windows desktop.

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time

Virtual platform is a nightmare on MAC.  It's a shame that the small business taxes is not available on MAC.  It says Mac on the requirements, but when you go to buy it only shows Windows.  

Seriously. Makes me wonder why I (profanity deleted)  around with Quickbooks at all anymore.

FROM TWO YEARS AGO RELATIVE TO HOME&BUSINESS !!!! NOT BUSINESS!

The download url/link page for Home&Business is the same for MAC OS and also Windows/PC

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/home-and-business.jsp

However, as said before, you can find it for at least $10 cheaper in stores and elsewhere online

if you are angry at Intuit for lack of MAC support, please contact Intuit directly.  We're just users ourselves here.

JANUARY, 2015 UPDATE:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2589109-turbotax-best-price

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time

As a relatively new business owner, I have to say that Intuit has been so disappointing.  I started as a sole proprietor using Quickbooks Self-Employed Online on Mac OS, bought the TurboTax package which seamlessly integrated with Self-Employed and filed my taxes no problem.

At the beginning of this year,  I upgrade to Quickbooks Online Simple Start where I discovered that Intuit does not offer any seamless integrated way to transfer data between it's own Quickbook application versions...so I had to manually download and import transactions, mileage etc... into Quickbooks Online.  Very nice. 

My wife and I got married this year and formed an LLC that we both operate as a partnership. 

Now tax-time arrives and I'm discovering a few other highly frustrating things about Inuit's products.  First, there is NO INTEGRATION between it's more expensive, advanced Quickbooks Online products and TurboTax (which Intuit also owns).  What I'm being told is that you can PURCHASE Quickbooks Desktop version, import your data from Quickbooks Online and then buy a TurboTax for Business version of software to file your taxes......BUT......there is no Turbotax for Business version that runs on a MAC.

What the hell.  So my only chose is to buy a Windows OS license, borrow or buy a PC or have another tax professional file my taxes.  This really sucks, Intuit.

MrsEzell

victorialbond would you mind sharing what you found? 

dianasiu54
Returning Member

I want to cancel my return 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

As long as you have not paid or filed your return, you do not need to submit anything and your return will not be filed.

Clear and start your return over  

If you need to discuss your account with a representative, please contact us using the link below.

Contact TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The possibility of a MAC version arose when Intuit still owned Quicken and hired as a senior developer someone from Apple, specifically to improve Quicken for MAC.  Nothing was done to address TurboTax Business for MAC platform.  Then Intuit sold off Quicken which pretty much killed any future possibility of support.   I  doubt that anyone is going to change the current Intuit management to change their minds, customer complaints not withstanding.

Scruffy Curmudgeon - PFFM, IAFF, Locals 718 & 30, retired firefighter/medic; university faculty - NOT AN INTUIT EMPLOYEE

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies