turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I've never received a stimulus payment for my child but I haven't seen any place to claim that on these forms. Am I missing a section?

I only received 1200 the first round and 600 for the second round. My child was born in 2019. How do I claim the missing payments?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I've never received a stimulus payment for my child but I haven't seen any place to claim that on these forms. Am I missing a section?

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check in 2020, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021

The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the FEDERAL REVIEW section. ( you should see "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount”)  If you are eligible it will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Even when I try it on turbo tax, it says I've received all available stimulus. I'm not sure how to proceed. It doesn't give me any option to correct the issue. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

You may be eligible for more stimulus money. To check whether you qualify for the Recovery Rebate Credit, TurboTax will need to know what you have received so far. This is done before the Federal Review and after Other Tax Situations.

You need to be at the end of Other Tax Situations, to see it. To get there in TurboTax, follow these steps:

• In your return, click the Other Tax Situations tab toward the top of the page
  • Scroll down to the end and click Let's keep going
  • At Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue
  • Be sure to report an amount for each of the stimulus payments as received and click Continue

To check other IRS Resources, see: Questions and Answers about the Second Economic Impact Payment which is still getting updates. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies