turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I’ve finished everything but it won’t finish and let me efile. Is anybody else having trouble

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

I’ve finished everything but it won’t finish and let me efile. Is anybody else having trouble

If for some reason you are unable to E-File here are the common reasons:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302281

Here are some useful links regarding being able to E-File your tax returns.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/e-file/e-file-income-tax-return-electronic-filing/L9DnoQ39y

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/e-file/video-e-filing-for-a-faster-refund/L0Htz2kml

It could also be due to a CAPTCHA not appearing, that is where you typically check mark "I am not a robot."

1. Log out and clear your browser Internet cache.
  2. Close the browser and reopen it.
  3. Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the CAPTCHA will appear.
  4. Log in and try again.

If that doesn't work, see if a different browser than you were using, with cookies allowed will solve it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If for some reason you are unable to E-File here are the common reasons:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302281

Here are some useful links regarding being able to E-File your tax returns.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/e-file/e-file-income-tax-return-electronic-filing/L9DnoQ39y

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/e-file/video-e-filing-for-a-faster-refund/L0Htz2kml

It could also be due to a CAPTCHA not appearing, that is where you typically check mark "I am not a robot."

1. Log out and clear your browser Internet cache.
  2. Close the browser and reopen it.
  3. Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the CAPTCHA will appear.
  4. Log in and try again.

If that doesn't work, see if a different browser than you were using, with cookies allowed will solve it.

pfptax

Message said that I need an updated version of TurboTax. I'm running on a Mac. I have not received any notifications that updates are available.  How do I get the update?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

For more information concerning the update, please click the link below.

Why does TurboTax for Mac keep saying there are updates ...

LDO05usn

interesting they collect your money but don't complete the action.. File your taxes

Same here - I paid for e-filing, then it asked me to correct an entry on my return. It showed me the entry that needed correcting (there was a zero entered instead of being left blank) and from there I couldn’t get to the form to make the correction. I tried going to Schedule C but it would only allow me to edit my general business information - no specific form entries.  So now I’m scrambling to print my returns and mail them in since the entry couldn’t be fixed (or even located!). Wondering why payment is taken prior to having returns reviewed and cleared.

I had the same FFing error. They took my payment too. I have to file by mail.

Now I just filed on creditkarma. FOR FREE. F turbotax. I'm never ever going to use them ever again.

I suggest you and others to leave turbotax scamming ass tax filer.

joshd_92

I've had the exact same situation. Anytime I tried to fix the "mistake" which TurboTax had autofilled after connecting my TDAmeritrade account for stocks, it wouldn't save the changes and would keep changing it back. Had to print and mail it in. Paid and everything. Will be my last time filing with TurboTax after this year.

Not only did turboslaps mess up efiling my federal return and take my money - they tried to submit the e-file so many times (even though I only submitted my taxes once!) that I have to mail my federal taxes in. Tried with a different tax software site as well after seeing that reject code and got the same thing. Will never use TurboTax again. 

The1Grue

I had the same problem. I just bought a new laptop with the latest Windows and Tech. TurboTax worked great up to the point of e-filing. Nothing worked that was suggested. I installed TT on my old laptop and opened my tax files there. NO PROBLEM! So if you have a problem with activation, YOU WILL have a problem with e-file

I hope they get this issue fixed for next year or they will lose my business.

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Every computer has a unique combination of components, settings, programs, services, and users. This means TurboTax can install and run flawlessly on one computer, but another computer's configuration can cause conflicts when installing, launching, or running TurboTax.

When purchasing a brand new computer, please use this TurboTax FAQ, for some helpful troubleshooting tips, Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies