Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received an email that my CA LLC return needs to be fixed but there is no "fix my return" option when I log into TurboTax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
ToddL99
Expert Alumni

I received an email that my CA LLC return needs to be fixed but there is no "fix my return" option when I log into TurboTax.

Who sent you the email and what did it say exactly?

Turbo Tax sent it. It says "Your 2020 California LLC Filing Return was rejected." Then it says Sign into Turbo Tax and follow these instructions. The instructions says Sign in and select "Fix my return." But there is no "fix my return" when I sign in.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

When you log into Turbo Tax and reach the first landing page, what status does it show for the state return? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It shows that my federal and all state returns were accepted. This is for the CA LLC return (not the personal income tax return). I printed and mailed it. But there's some deficiency in the TurboTax system. I just received another email yesterday with the same message and same problem. Thanks for your reply.

I received the same message but I filed on May 17 and message was received on May 18, 2021. Like the original post my federal and CA individual tax was accepted. Single Member LLC was rejected. It was all filed together.

MBH2

I received the same e-mail "Your 2021 California LLC Filing return was rejected" in the body of the e-mail this is listed 

This can happen for a number of reasons, but we're here to help.

We'll walk you through how to fix your return and resubmit it to the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB).

and yet there is no link or option to get help or talk to a person about how to go about a resolution.  Extremely frustrating.

Agree. I did get a call back from Turbo Tax and they finally were able to tell me that the Form 568 was using my social security number and it needs instead an EIN, which is (allegedly) why it was rejected. But their system never asked to input the EIN and it's almost impossible to go back and find where to change info on the 568. Their tech was otherwise useless. I finally started to amend the CA return, somehow with a lot of clicking around got to the 568, was able to see where the EIN goes and change it, and then just printed it and mailed it. But it didn't even print correctly! It is missing some pages when it downloads and prints. Then I cancelled the "amend" because my CA 540 had been accepted and I really wasn't changing anything. If you are going to mail the 568 rather than efile, CA requires a waiver. Easy to do here: https://www.ftb.ca.gov/tax-pros/efile/busi[product key removed]r-request.asp 
Clearly Turbo Tax has some real issues with the 568 which needs fixing. 

Same.

After trying several combos, here are the steps I took to finally get back to the CA LLC 568:

Scroll down to Amend Return
Turbotax Sent me an Email
Continue
Amending my return to fix info
Continue
Checkbox California return
Continue
Click "Amend" next to California NOT Continue
Yes
Continue
Continue
Continue
Continue
Continue
No, I still have state amend info to enter
Continue
I'll choose what I work on
Edit Income and adjustments
Revisit next to Business Profit or Loss Adjustment
Edit
Edit until Slide 7
Print
Cancel Amend

I don't want to do that again.

Same with me. Why didn't TurboTax catch this? I did not see any mention of the IP PIN while completing my tax forms...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies