Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received an email stating stimulus payments will be deposited. However irs website says not available or not enough information. Will I be getting my needed payment?

I received the first stimulus and have never changed my account information.  I’m also getting turbo tax email saying I will get deposit. I’m confused
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
bentleyg17
Returning Member

I received an email stating stimulus payments will be deposited. However irs website says not available or not enough information. Will I be getting my needed payment?

I'm in the same situation. Turbo tax sends email saying I will receive my stimulus payment. But the IRS GMP website says "payment#2 Not available (not enough information)". Nothing has changed with my bank account or anything. And no problems with the 1st stimulus check. And everywhere I look it says the irs is making us wait till we claim our taxes to receive OUR money. We have already had to struggle scrap and scrounge to get this far. So I pray to the good Lord that turbo tax is correct. For all the hard working people who really need this stimulus. 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

TurboTax cannot check on the status of your stimulus payment, since that is confidential information only accessible by the IRS.

If you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund when you filed your tax return, then the IRS may have sent your stimulus check to the bank that processed your refund, which is different from your bank. If this happened, then TurboTax will have notified the IRS of your correct account information.

Stimulus payments began to be deposited yesterday (January 8th) for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error. We expect most of these payments to be available today, but banks could take a few business days to process your payment.

You can use the following link to learn more:

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/why-havent-i-received-my-second-stimulus-check-48743/?cid=...

If you do not receive it by the time you prepare your tax return you can apply for it on your tax return this year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies