turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a email stating It Was a debit reminder stating “Your account will be debited $85.80 on or after 04/09/2021 for your TurboTax service.” What does this mean ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received a email stating It Was a debit reminder stating “Your account will be debited $85.80 on or after 04/09/2021 for your TurboTax service.” What does this mean ?

It means you will pay $85.80 for TurboTax services via transfer from your bank account. 

@ kaylaslack1998   asked:  "I received a email stating It Was a debit reminder stating “Your account will be debited $85.80 on or after 04/09/2021 for your TurboTax service.” What does this mean?"

You likely chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund.  If so, has your refund been delayed an unusually long time at the IRS?   You should have received some email warnings to pay the fees prior to that debit warning.  See the FAQ below for full explanation.

FAQ:  Why was my bank account auto-debited for the TurboTax fees?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

As you'll see in the FAQ, there is a way to ask for a deferment, but it has to be done by the Tuesday prior to the scheduled auto-debit date.  They say they cannot stop it once they submit the debit.   If you need to ask for a deferment, you can try phoning the number in the FAQ to see if it's too late.   I'm suspicious, however, that since it says "on or after 4/09/2021," it may have already been submitted, and if the debit didn't occur yesterday, it may happen this weekend or on Monday.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies