Solved: Re: I received a claim of $2000.00 from Aflac Insu...
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I received a claim of $2000.00 from Aflac Insurance do I need to report the money?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

I received a claim of $2000.00 from Aflac Insurance do I need to report the money?

Do you have to claim money from Aflac on taxes?
No, generally. The proceeds of an accident and health policy, like AFLAC are not reportable as income so long as you did not deduct the premiums, and so long as this is not an employer provided fringe benefit.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 15

Do you have to claim money from Aflac on taxes?
No, generally. The proceeds of an accident and health policy, like AFLAC are not reportable as income so long as you did not deduct the premiums, and so long as this is not an employer provided fringe benefit.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings