turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I own my own my own business, I never paid myself. do I need to report my profit event tho I never paid myself?

the money went straight back in to the business, and I paid the taxes I owed thru the state revenue page.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

I own my own my own business, I never paid myself. do I need to report my profit event tho I never paid myself?

Yes, you are required to report all income and expenses for your business on your tax return.  

Please see How do I report income from self-employment? to enter your income and see What self-employed expenses can I deduct? to be sure you capture all the expenses you can report.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

as a sole proprietor - schedule C - you never pay yourself a salary - you just report the income and expenses. the money is yours to use any way you want. there is no additional tax for taking money out or putting it in.  should yo decide to convert to an S-Corp consult with a tax pro first because there are many more rules you have to follow. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies