turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rghayesky

I need to work "offline" on doing my taxes (no internet). Can I download the software/forms to work offline? Or do I need to buy the "physical" media?

Can I download the software or do I need to buy/order the "physical" media/discs) available?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
RebeccaT

I need to work "offline" on doing my taxes (no internet). Can I download the software/forms to work offline? Or do I need to buy the "physical" media?

You can purchase the software as a CD or as a download. 

To purchase the download version, please visit https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/ to see a listing of all of the downloadable products.  The page provides a comparison of all the available products. 

You can view each individually product more fully by clicking Learn More at the bottom of each column. 

You can make your purchase by clicking the Buy Now button.

After you've purchased a downloadable product through TurboTax.com, you can download it whenever you like up to 3 years after purchase.
  1. Sign in to My Downloads.
  2. Click the blue Download arrow for the product you would like to download.
  3. Save the download somewhere on your computer where you can find it – your desktop is a good place.
  4. After the download has finished, install your software by double-clicking the downloaded file.

For more details, please see the following FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302070

Kerri333

Yes offline to prepare taxes

You can buy the CD Desktop program or download the program.  You can buy it in stores or from Turbo Tax.   But you will need to go online to update the program frequently and before you file.  You will need to go online to efile the return or you can print and mail it.  

You can buy the CD or Download here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/ 

If you don't want to go online at all you can fill out the blank forms by hand.  

NS20

What if I have already purchased and downloaded the software and it still won't work offline?  Is there a setting somewhere that I can set to stop trying to connect to the internet?

Yes.  For Windows go up To Online - Updater Preferences

Don't know Mac.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies