turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Pratt87

I need to send form 8962 do I do it online and is there another fee involved

Has anyone who needed to send an 8962 form to the IRS for the 2019 taxes received their refund back yet? If so how long did it take to get it after you sent the form to the IRS?

I'm still waiting. I faxed mine in. They said it's an additional 6 to 8 weeks after they receive it to get your return. Turbotax really messed up on their software this year cause alot of people had the same issue. Also for the people who paid with they're returns, they're trying to collect that payment now even though it's their fault all of this is happening 

mirnadimas
Returning Member

Do you know if the fax. Number is working? It always sounds busy when I try sending it

I need to file form 8962 were do i find it to add it to my return.

What is the fax number you used? I can't find my letter and I'm unable to find any information online on where to send it.

The fax number is [phone number removed]

You have to send a completed form 8962 and a copy or you for 1095-A

Kjandres
Returning Member

Do you have the mailing address or fax number. I lost my letter from the IRS and need to send my documents in. Please and thank you.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Here is how to get the form 8962 filled out. Please note: You are NOT going to amend your return and you are NOT going to add a state return. These directions are quirky but will get the job done.

1.  Log into your return
  2. Select that you want to add a state - this lets you into the program without the amend process starting.
  3. In the top right corner, locate the Magnifying glass/search  
  4. enter the exact words 1095a
  5. Select the first entry Jump to 1095a
  6. Fill in the 1095a information
  7. Print and mail the 8962

The IRS may adjust your refund once they receive your form 8962. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dapearson48
Returning Member

Can I file and send form 8962 on turbotax

@Dapearson48 wrote:

Can I file and send form 8962 on turbotax

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and the Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

I'm trying to attach the 8962 form to my tax returns and having problem can you help

@eggamaejack wrote:

I'm trying to attach the 8962 form to my tax returns and having problem can you help

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and the Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

Nmar73
Returning Member

I need help. With my taxes form 1095A and 8962 can any one help me 

Hi @CatinaT1 ,

I went to go try the steps you, and everyone else, had recommended; however, under the "Amend (change) return" tab for 2019, it says, "Looks like the October 15th deadline to add a state or amend your return online has passed". It then prompts me to amend my return by downloading the .tax file and then using the TurboTax Desktop 2019 software. I did not use the software to file my return, but is this how I'm going to have to proceed to be able to fill out Form 8962?

Thank you!!

@kristencollins05 wrote:

Hi @CatinaT1 ,

I went to go try the steps you, and everyone else, had recommended; however, under the "Amend (change) return" tab for 2019, it says, "Looks like the October 15th deadline to add a state or amend your return online has passed". It then prompts me to amend my return by downloading the .tax file and then using the TurboTax Desktop 2019 software. I did not use the software to file my return, but is this how I'm going to have to proceed to be able to fill out Form 8962?

Thank you!!

A Form 8962 will be created and completed by the TurboTax software if the user has entered a Form 1095-A.  If the Form 1095-A has not been entered then the Form 8962 will not be created.

If you used the TurboTax online editions for the 2019 tax return you will need to download the tax data file from the online account to your computer.  You will need to install the 2019 TurboTax software on your computer to open the 2019 tax data file.

Then follow the procedure in this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for tax year 2019 (Use the procedure TurboTax CD/Download Instructions for Windows) - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

If you purchased one of the 2019 TurboTax online editions you can contact TurboTax support to have them push a 2019 desktop installation file to your download account at no charge - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download .tax file

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies