Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

khanks4

I need to remove gambling winnings that are not on a W-2G. I entered it improperly. How do I remove it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I need to remove gambling winnings that are not on a W-2G. I entered it improperly. How do I remove it?

After you have entered the W-2G form, on the page labelled Here's your W-2G info, click on the trash can icon next to the W-2G you want to delete.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
khanks4

I need to remove gambling winnings that are not on a W-2G.  Thanks anyway

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You will find gambling winnings in the "Income and Expense" section of Turbotax, and then "Less Common Income". Just go back into the "Gambling Winnings" section to remove the entry you made there. 

jtgold33

I removed where I entered gambling winnings and didn’t mean to. It’s still showing on my return where it was entered but the document is deleted 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the steps here, to ensure the form is truly deleted from within Turbo Tax. 

Then please preview your 1040, to check and see if the income is correct. Then you can add the form back into Turbo Tax. 

Once you have added it back, please preview the 1040 once more, to ensure your income has not doubled. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies