turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to mail my free California Tax Return however even though I checked mail it shows e-file only do not mail

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I need to mail my free California Tax Return however even though I checked mail it shows e-file only do not mail

It is possible for a state form to be ready for efile before the print version of the form is finalized and available (or vice versa).   What specific CA form are you referring to that has that notice on it?

You can check availability of California forms with this table.

State Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

Will this error be corrected on subsequent program update?  I have the same problem filing for my son who is under 16 and cannot efile.  Approximate date please.

@013514 and @quigleyren1 

According to the State Forms Availability table I provided above,  I see that the California 540 (Resident tax return) and the California 540NR (Non-resident or part-year resident return) will not be available for printing purposes until 1/30/2020.

So if that explains your situation, you'll have to wait until 1/30/2020 and sometime during that day it may update with an available CA 540 or CA540NR form for printing.

You can also check your other forms in that availability table in case you have an additional form not yet available.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies