turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I’m SO angry with Turbo tax this year!! I was not even prompted to file my 1095 A. I have used Turbo tax for 5 years in a row. Next year will be different! Thanks to Turbo Tax I now will be getti

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

I’m SO angry with Turbo tax this year!! I was not even prompted to file my 1095 A. I have used Turbo tax for 5 years in a row. Next year will be different! Thanks to Turbo Tax I now will be getti

Form 1095-A is not included in the TurboTax free edition.  Form 1095-A, is used to complete  Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit, which is not supported by the free edition. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I think TT deveopers did not do a good job of implementing the health care penalty change in their program. Because it's no longer a requirement to have health insurance,  the program isn't prompting the user as it did in prior years to review this subject. You can find it under Deductions and Credits section/Medical. It's no longer a separate section making it easily missed.

Users of the free product should have been better coached by the software in this area.

Weeeellll, I paid $39.99 to do my federal return with Turbo Tax! I heard later that there may have been somewhere to put in the 1095A for that version, BUT I was not promoted or asked about health insurance at all. Now, I do understand they changed the tax healthcare laws....HOWEVER, many of us use the marketplace for our insurance, and I have been using TT for the past 8 years ...and ever since the healthcare marketplace came into effect, TT has always prompted me about the 1095A. I feel that this was an EPIC fail from Turbo Tax, it has caused me so much trouble and I paid for the product. I’ve never used a free version. I called to complain and I wasn’t even offered a refund. I will be taking my business elsewhere next year! I filed on 2/26, send my 1095A and other forms to the IRS on 3/18 (via priority mail with delivery confirmation) and I have yet to receive an update or any refund. I’m so frustrated bc here I am, laid off from my job, no money, and bc of Turbo Tax, I am still waiting on the $3700 refund ....and bc TT did not prompt me about the 1095A, I just assumed I didn’t need to file it. I mean TT asked me all kinds of other unnecessary questions, but not the one thing that really mattered. I think the only way to improve that error would be the simply question of “do you have health insurance thru the marketplace?” That simple. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies