turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm not comfortable giving my bank info and don't see why its needed.

Do I have to include my my banking information? My account was recently jacked and it was a nightmare to fix.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

You only need to enter bank routing and account numbers if you select direct deposit of a tax refund.  You can just request a refund check mailed to your tax return address.

I know about the direct deposit and routing number but the tax form is asking for the User ID and Password.

@swimming75 wrote:

I know about the direct deposit and routing number but the tax form is asking for the User ID and Password.

To access a financial institution to import tax data a User ID and Password is required to access that account.  The User ID and Password are not stored anywhere by TurboTax.

If you are not comfortable with entering a User ID and Password, then do not import the forms.  Enter the forms manually in the section of the program requiring the tax data.

Where is that?     No tax form requires that.      If you want to *import* financial  forms then you must log into the financial institution account but you can just manually enter the data.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Are you trying to enter a 1099?  You don't have to import it.  Don't enter the bank name and don't try to import it.  It is just as fast and easy to manually enter it.  When you enter a 1099 the first screen is How to Enter, by Import or Enter it Myself. Scroll down and click the last circle to enter it myself.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies