turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vierae8519
Returning Member

I'm needing to verify my identity but irs is closed will I still get a stimulus payment

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

I'm needing to verify my identity but irs is closed will I still get a stimulus payment

It depends. This situation is typically handled through filing your return using additional identity verification. Click here to read the article What to do if you suspect tax-related identity theft.

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts.

We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

@vierae8519

vierae8519
Returning Member

I still haven't received my stimulus payment. Or my refund I already know that I do qualify for this payment I'm needing help to verify that with the IRS and they do not answer my calls 

I'm sorry, but no one can help you verify your identity.  The IRS is closed for calls and is not processing written responses right now, and has no estimate of when they might reopen those contact avenues.  If you received a letter from them asking for more information send it in as they directed you to do.  If, when you go to check your refund status at www.irs.gov, it shows your return is still processing, that return will not be used to pay your stimulus payment, so you may not receive one.  The IRS has not indicated whether they will use your 2018 return instead in these cases, so no one can answer that for you.  You may have to wait until you file your return next year to receive the stimulus.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies